Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October pow in Big Sky Last post on 10/24/13 at 1:58pm in Trip Reports
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Big Sky 2016-2017 Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Big Sky March 2016 Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:34pm in Trip Reports
- Which resort has the easiest greens? [A Beginner Zone question] Last post on 5/6/16 at 1:15pm in Beginner Zone
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Big Sky, 2012/13 season - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is this the earliest opening of the Big Couloir?
I skied a skiff of new snow yesterday. Of course, there were so many folk on so few runs that you wouldn't have known it.
Not sure. It is often one of the first runs to open off the peak because it is north-east facing and the snow blows in there.
Still looks like Martin's pictures, still snowing and still no liftlines. Reading the Big Sky daily reports you would think they were short on snow but yesterday there was still a lot of fresh or loose snow to be found and overnight it snowed a few inches more.
Ziggy... I'm jealous. Good for you.
I was there Jan 12-13. No new snow for a couple of days and each day started out at -15* temp. I don't think it ever got above 5* either day. Big Sky's lack of building at the top (warming huts or cafeterias) really showed. Snow was ...ok... considering, but I could only do two runs before needing a quick warm-up inside -- and I am NOT a weather wimp. I never felt like going up the tram.
Read about the new snow and warmer temps as we were on the plane headed home. Sigh.
- Big Sky, 2012/13 season
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 8 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 30 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 31 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 33 minutes ago
- › Accessing the Powder Highway from Calgary 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › FS Savory 7 2014, 177 cm 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer