Called 49 today and talked to gal in office about them opening fri. it was 2:30 on Monday and she advised me "it is raining pretty hard" and opening is a maybe. So call before you go. She stated that they would keep the snow phone tape updated.
Related Forum Threads
- Powder and Upgrades Boost Central Idaho Skiing Last post on 12/30/14 at 9:25am in Skiing News
- Three places to ski this weekend! (Schweitzer,49 open Sat) Last post on 11/21/11 at 5:37pm in Inland Northwest
- Inland NW ski area improvements Last post on 10/19/11 at 6:12pm in Inland Northwest
- Which skis should I take out West on my vacation. Last post on 2/6/17 at 9:12pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Fun in the Sun at Schweitzer Last post on 12/29/16 at 1:46pm in Trip Reports
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
49 has 30 in on top
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think 49 will still open on Friday.
Schweitzer opens Saturday with limited terrain. There's still hope for Lookout and Silver to open Friday too. (12" expected tonight and another 10" Friday night to keep things going)
Silver not opening for skiing this weekend. Open for "scenic gondola rides" though.
Mt Spokane doesn't look good, latest update is (if anything) a limited opening on Sat/Sunday. But doubtful.
Confirmed? If so, I'll be there. I heard $30 lift tickets if they open.
Conditions on the upper mountain are very good on Silver Ridge to Midway and good to very good on Mahre's Gold to Single Jack. Silver King, Silver Queen and Silver Dollar are the best ways to the lodge. The last several hundred feet to the bottom of Chairs #1 and #3 are very thin and in poor to fair condition requiring attention due to very early season conditions. Chair #5 is in good to very good shape with Huckleberry Ridge to Big Bear being the best way down. The last several hundred feet to Chair #5 is in fair condition. It is important that you bring your rock skis or snowboard as early season conditions exist.
We’ll be providing special ticket pricing for anyone who comes out and enjoys the mountain on opening day! Please make sure and check the snow report at www.ski49n.com for the latest news and snow conditions prior to opening day.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I bought new skis and they feel soooo heavy! 7 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 7 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Semantics 31 minutes ago
- › 187 Bonafide vs 193 Enforcer 42 minutes ago
- › Chunk missing of tail - repairable?? 54 minutes ago
- › Thank You to a Retiring Mod 56 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 59 minutes ago
- › Binding Brakes / Size - Pivot to Enforcer 100 1 hour ago
- › NASTAR Nationals 2017 Wrap up video 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview