Called 49 today and talked to gal in office about them opening fri. it was 2:30 on Monday and she advised me "it is raining pretty hard" and opening is a maybe. So call before you go. She stated that they would keep the snow phone tape updated.
Related Forum Threads
- Powder and Upgrades Boost Central Idaho Skiing Last post on 12/30/14 at 9:25am in Skiing News
- Three places to ski this weekend! (Schweitzer,49 open Sat) Last post on 11/21/11 at 5:37pm in Inland Northwest
- Inland NW ski area improvements Last post on 10/19/11 at 6:12pm in Inland Northwest
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Closer Last post on 4/13/16 at 2:14pm in Trip Reports
- Which resort has the easiest greens? [A Beginner Zone question] Last post on 5/6/16 at 1:15pm in Beginner Zone
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
49 has 30 in on top
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think 49 will still open on Friday.
Schweitzer opens Saturday with limited terrain. There's still hope for Lookout and Silver to open Friday too. (12" expected tonight and another 10" Friday night to keep things going)
Silver not opening for skiing this weekend. Open for "scenic gondola rides" though.
Mt Spokane doesn't look good, latest update is (if anything) a limited opening on Sat/Sunday. But doubtful.
Confirmed? If so, I'll be there. I heard $30 lift tickets if they open.
Conditions on the upper mountain are very good on Silver Ridge to Midway and good to very good on Mahre's Gold to Single Jack. Silver King, Silver Queen and Silver Dollar are the best ways to the lodge. The last several hundred feet to the bottom of Chairs #1 and #3 are very thin and in poor to fair condition requiring attention due to very early season conditions. Chair #5 is in good to very good shape with Huckleberry Ridge to Big Bear being the best way down. The last several hundred feet to Chair #5 is in fair condition. It is important that you bring your rock skis or snowboard as early season conditions exist.
We’ll be providing special ticket pricing for anyone who comes out and enjoys the mountain on opening day! Please make sure and check the snow report at www.ski49n.com for the latest news and snow conditions prior to opening day.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Sugarloaf (MI) saga continues 1 minute ago
- › FS: NIW FISCHER HYBRID 10.0 SKIS 189CM 2 minutes ago
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 17 minutes ago
- › Advice on building a quiver 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 41 minutes ago
- › Bode News 51 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 53 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 6 hours ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer