I am taking a trip to Lake Tahoe in February next year I have been looking at all the reviews of ski boots and people's opinions on Surefoot vs other boot fitters.
I currently only ski twice a year most 2 x 2 week trips. I had tried Nordica boots when I used to instruct and currently have Technica dragons however I am always in pain... Over the years I have been to several qualified boot fitters and have always had multiple modifications but have always had minimal relief after modifications but constant pain and discomfort when I ski...
The main problems are:
- Very limited dorsiflexion
- Wide foot (about 10.5cm) and my toes tend to spread. Womens boots in the past never fit right...
- I wear orthodics normally for other sports (yes I have invested in a custom footbed in current boots)
- Seem to get cramping/pain in calves and have shin pressure ( I dont think I have wide calves and no I don't do my boots up excessively tight)
- My toes always go numb at the end of the day I sometimes take my boot off and my little toes are white. (I have had my boots blown out several times therefore it is not due to squishing) I do suffer from cold feet and probably not the greatest circulation I constantly wiggle my toes on the chairlifts but does not seem to help. I do believe my liners are a little too small currently.
I am curious to know what some of the boot fitters that I have seen comment on here would recomend for me and what recomendations are for decent ski boot places are in Lake Tahoe I will be staying in South lake Tahoe.