Thinking of planning a trip to Jackson this winter. Going with a bunch of couples so not too worried as we'll create our own fun, but what are the apres options? Anything good out there? Which has better nightlife...Jackson Hole or Big Sky?
- itemJackson Holetagged by System, 11/21/12
Related Forum Threads
- Jackson Hole March 10 - 15 Last post on 3/6/17 at 2:25pm in General Skiing Discussion
- JH Steep and Deep vs Alta Powder Tracks vs. ? Last post on 2/20/17 at 7:10am in General Skiing Discussion
- Jackson Hole CLOSED on 2/8, re-opened on 2/13/17, wind damage meant NO POWER for a few days at... Last post on 2/21/17 at 3:32pm in Skiing News
- Jackson Hole Closed, hits 400" Last post on 2/10/17 at 7:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- Jackson hole ski trip Last post on 2/12/17 at 8:36am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
Last edited: 11/21/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Jackson Holepost #1 of 611/16/12 at 9:49amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 611/17/12 at 7:07pmpost #3 of 611/17/12 at 10:50pmpost #4 of 611/18/12 at 9:07amQuote:
That depends. The Mangy Moose gets some good bands and can be the best nightlife in The Valley. There are more options in town. I rarely go to the Moose for music anymore as all the shows start too late for my middle aged sensibilities. This is also true in town, I am told that the nightlife doesn't even get going till well after 11:00. I guess the 20 something crowd doesn't have to get up for work. When I was in my 20s, I had to work and couldn't afford nightlife. Most of these young kids seem to have more money than I do/did.post #5 of 611/18/12 at 3:05pmpost #6 of 611/26/12 at 4:18pm
Most people I've talked with consider the Mangy Moose one of the classic ski-resort bars.
Then you have the Cowboy Bar in town. That place goes crazy sometimes.
I don't know enough to compare the "apres" scene in Jackson to Big Sky, but there seems to be enough in Jackson to keep a lot of people very happy.
Besides that, if you're really skiing our mountain you'll be so tired by the end of the day that "apres-ski" means two beers, a steak, and bedtime at 8:30pm.
- Jackson Hole
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 4 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 6 minutes ago
- › Ski carving how to improve 8 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 17 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? [- a Family Skiing topic] 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 37 minutes ago
- › 2010/2011 Kastle MX 88 Replacement 38 minutes ago
- › Telluride - trip timing advice 39 minutes ago
- › How Long Do Skis Last? 40 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!