or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Any opinion on Conformable Sidas or Superfeet custom insoles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any opinion on Conformable Sidas or Superfeet custom insoles

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I wanna start the season with custom footbeds this year, so far I've just a few (less than 10 days) on a pair of boots I bought last year. Those two are the only ones I could find on local shops, the shop I bought the boots have the conformable sidas custom as their only custom footbed, another store has superfeet custom footbeds.

 

I'm leaning towards buying conformable just because I've got good service buying the boots from that shop, but first I wanna hear if anyone has anything good/bad or deal breaker thing to say about one or the other that could make me change my mind!

 

They both cost about the same at $150.

post #2 of 12

I want to resurrect this thread b/c I have the same question and I'm in the same town. Sidas Conform'able at Greenwood's, Superfeet at McU's, or drive to Sun Valley for Surefoot. mfa, what did you end up doing? Were you happy with your selection? Right now I am leaning toward Conform'able for some of the reasons you indicated, but I'd appreciate your input.

post #3 of 12

I've had my cork superfeet footbeds for a long time.  They are great.

post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
 

I want to resurrect this thread b/c I have the same question and I'm in the same town. Sidas Conform'able at Greenwood's, Superfeet at McU's, or drive to Sun Valley for Surefoot. mfa, what did you end up doing? Were you happy with your selection? Right now I am leaning toward Conform'able for some of the reasons you indicated, but I'd appreciate your input.

 

I'd recommend going to Greenwood's and talk to the old ponytail guy... his name is Tom if I'm not mistaken. For easy bootfitting stuff Tom, Rollie or Don can work with you. 

 

Next year I will end up driving to SLC for new boots, unfortunately their selection are not great for a guy with small feet like me, but if you are any regular size them work with these guys and you will be good! I've been to MCU a few times and definitively their level of customer service doesn't come close to Greenwood's

post #5 of 12

I just purchased some Conformable Sidas from Greenwoods yesterday.  Have not been able to ski them, but Don at Greenwoods did some slight stretching on my ski boot shells as well.  I was really impressed with his knowledge.  I'll let you know how they ski on Monday!

post #6 of 12

Thanks for all the responses!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiczar View Post
 

I just purchased some Conformable Sidas from Greenwoods yesterday.  Have not been able to ski them, but Don at Greenwoods did some slight stretching on my ski boot shells as well.  I was really impressed with his knowledge.  I'll let you know how they ski on Monday!

 

Was it Don that also did your footbeds? Did it seem like he knew what he was doing? Looking forward to your report on how the Conformables feel!

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
 

 

Was it Don that also did your footbeds? Did it seem like he knew what he was doing? Looking forward to your report on how the Conformables feel!

I think most of the guys there are knowledgeable to a certain point... don't expect top notch boot fitting service compared to the best places in SLC, Jackson or other major areas. But they do follow the process and make sure you are feeling good about it as well!

 

I can't complain about my footbed made by Rollie.

post #8 of 12

my shop that set me up used the sidas comformable.  Perhaps not as a custom or completely solid as posted super-custom footbed, but it works fine for me.


I think it becomes more about artwork then about the specific footbed.  If you misweight while taking the mold and they don't take the time to examine or measure the mold and see it is good to go;  then you will end up with a problematic footbed.

 

I would go to the shop that you wish to form a relationship and/or already is working with your boots and stick with it.  Often, you get a good sized chunk of discount when buying footbeds with boots or with other service.

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytseng View Post
 

my shop that set me up used the sidas comformable.  Perhaps not as a custom or completely solid as posted super-custom footbed, but it works fine for me.


I think it becomes more about artwork then about the specific footbed.  If you misweight while taking the mold and they don't take the time to examine or measure the mold and see it is good to go;  then you will end up with a problematic footbed.

 

I would go to the shop that you wish to form a relationship and/or already is working with your boots and stick with it.  Often, you get a good sized chunk of discount when buying footbeds with boots or with other service.

 

I'd agree with this.  I just bought new boots about a month ago.  He checked out my existing footbeds and said they still looked good (physical condition and match to my foot), but said if I decided to get new ones made, he'd give them to me at 50% off.

post #10 of 12

I've been very pleased with my (now antique) Super feet Kork.    I will mention thought that if you hit a lot of jumps, you might want something a little cushier for the landings; my other boots have some softer sort of rubber compound, and are a little comfier that way.  Maybe my heels are a little sensitive from landing that ridiculously high air in the middle of that icy half pipe back in the day, but if I do too many hard landings with the korks, my feet let me know it.

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytseng View Post

 

I would go to the shop that you wish to form a relationship and/or already is working with your boots and stick with it.  Often, you get a good sized chunk of discount when buying footbeds with boots or with other service.

Great advice, and exactly what I am looking at. Assuming the local shop here in Boise (Greenwood's) is good at both bootfitting and making footbeds--which by all accounts it appears they are decently competent--I'll be happy because the shop guarantees the fit of boots they sell. (As long as they have the knowledge/experience to back up their guarantee!)

post #12 of 12

Yep, he seemed very competent.  However, there are are a few guys at Greenwood's I would consider competent enough for this endeavor.  My impressions after the first weekend on the Sidas footbeds...  Transmit awesome feedback and feel.  Not very plush (wouldn't necessarily expect them to be).  It was a good purchase for me and I'd definately recommend them, although I'm not sure they're any better than the other offers out there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Any opinion on Conformable Sidas or Superfeet custom insoles