One of the things I love about skiing is how it brings together people from many different backgrounds and unites them in a common way. This is never more evident than in the casual conversations and events that can happen on lift chair rides with complete strangers.
So I am curious who here has had some unforgettable lift chair stories and what were they?
A few of my own from the last few seasons:
- Had a guy tell me about his best friend falling off a cliff and hitting his head on a rock and dying. Pointed out the rock on the lift ride up which caused me to go buy a helmet the next day. Who knows, maybe this lift ride saved my life?
- Had a guy buy a 50,000$ Escalade at an auction on his phone then arrange shipping on a 12 min lift ride
- Had weed offered, multiple times
- Had boobs offered, only one time
- Watched a guy roll a cig with one hand in the wind
- Had two guys sing classic rock songs at the top of their lungs the whole lift ride up
- Had the secret to happiness explained by multiple old dudes which is apparently ski as much as you can while you can