I'm looking for something to help me get in and out of my race boots when they are cold and stiff. I've seen some adds for sprays ( Slide On and Easyon) you can put on the inside & outside of the liner. Does anyone have experience with either of these. Are they worth the cost and will they damage the liner?
Related Forum Threads
- Hot Gear Bag? Last post on 1/3/17 at 9:39am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Injected liners - who's got em? Last post on 8/1/13 at 1:54pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Best to buy/fit boots for 2013-14 season, in summer in South, or in Winter out West? Last post on 8/18/13 at 1:09pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What to Look for in Ski Boots? Last post on 8/28/13 at 9:24am in Ski Gear Discussion
- How *should* boots fit Last post on 1/11/13 at 3:10pm in Ask the Boot Guys
2016 Lange Buyers Guide
Last edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
- Ski Boots--The Most Important Piece of Gear You Will OwnLast edited: 11/16/15
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
hard to get in and out of cold race bootspost #1 of 511/6/12 at 12:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/6/12 at 4:51pmpost #3 of 511/8/12 at 7:16am
I recomment a heated ski boot bags, do a search and you will come up with several options.
Basically you have a A/C & D/C plug in the boot bag that you can plug into your house outlet or car 12volt plug. Generally they have 3 settings (Low, medium & high). If you have had any custom work (stretching) to your boots only use the low setting as any stretching can go back to the original width with too much heat. The heated bag will soften the shell & liner which makes it much easier to spread apart and put on.post #4 of 511/8/12 at 7:39am
Hot Gear bags rock. Great for getting the boots on but don't really help at the end of the day though. I have had a few days last season when I could NOT get out of my Patron Pro's and they are just a solid 130 flex boot. I have skied with a few people who do keep hair dryers and even heat guns in their boot bags.post #5 of 511/11/12 at 3:51pm
- hard to get in and out of cold race boots
- Salomon Ski Boots
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 5 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 9 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Blizzard quattro rx 174 , like new condition 19 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 20 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 28 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 30 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 33 minutes ago
- › Binding off center question. 35 minutes ago
- › 2018 Demo Day results: Sierra At Tahoe demo 40 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview