if you have to go at that time of year and need to plan your trip more than 2 weeks in advance, it's not even a question! LCC/SLC is the answer. I think the odds are at about 50% for very good skiing and about 75% at least decent skiing. This storm was a good start, but they will need a few more to make sure.
- itemAltatagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemArapahoe Basintagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemBreckenridge Ski Resorttagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemLoveland Ski Areatagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemSnowbasintagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemSnowbirdtagged by System, 11/5/12
- topicSummit Countytagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemVail Resorttagged by System, 11/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out... Last post on 4/30/15 at 6:22am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Is mid april too late to ski in Utah or Colorado or Canada? Last post on 12/27/12 at 5:24pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- SKI Magazine Resort Survey Results, 2012-2013 Last post on 3/2/13 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- April week w/kids: Vail-Beaver Creek & Summit County vs Aspen-Snowmass vs Alta-Snowbird, A... Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Forbes top ten US ski resorts 2013 Last post on 3/2/15 at 9:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2Last edited: 1/20/17
- EpicSki Interview with Tim EastleyLast edited: 12/19/16
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
12/6-12/10 Colorado vs. Utah - Page 2post #31 of 3311/11/12 at 10:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3311/11/12 at 5:42pm
Look at the snowfall for UT vs CO now. With it being so early in the season and Utah's big storm this weekend, I would say UT for a better base with more terrain open. But a lot can happen in the monthpost #33 of 3311/11/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
Yeah i was watching that on radar. Man, wish i LIVED in SLC right now. Snowbird is my favorite place - have had some epic days there.
- 12/6-12/10 Colorado vs. Utah
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 1 minute ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? [- a Family Skiing topic] 3 minutes ago
- › OSBE ski helmet with visor attached. ( made in Itally, distributor... 12 minutes ago
- › Need a VERY flexy ski for a while... 20 minutes ago
- › Time for new skis 22 minutes ago
- › Tahoe or Colorado for April 11-15?? 26 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 27 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 39 minutes ago
- › Pond Skim Technique and Gear 42 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 51 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!