if you have to go at that time of year and need to plan your trip more than 2 weeks in advance, it's not even a question! LCC/SLC is the answer. I think the odds are at about 50% for very good skiing and about 75% at least decent skiing. This storm was a good start, but they will need a few more to make sure.
- itemAltatagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemArapahoe Basintagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemBreckenridge Ski Resorttagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemLoveland Ski Areatagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemSnowbasintagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemSnowbirdtagged by System, 11/5/12
- topicSummit Countytagged by System, 11/5/12
- itemVail Resorttagged by System, 11/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out... Last post on 4/30/15 at 6:22am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Is mid april too late to ski in Utah or Colorado or Canada? Last post on 12/27/12 at 5:24pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- SKI Magazine Resort Survey Results, 2012-2013 Last post on 3/2/13 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- April week w/kids: Vail-Beaver Creek & Summit County vs Aspen-Snowmass vs Alta-Snowbird, A... Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Forbes top ten US ski resorts 2013 Last post on 3/2/15 at 9:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Yesterday
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
12/6-12/10 Colorado vs. Utah - Page 2post #31 of 3311/11/12 at 10:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3311/11/12 at 5:42pm
Look at the snowfall for UT vs CO now. With it being so early in the season and Utah's big storm this weekend, I would say UT for a better base with more terrain open. But a lot can happen in the monthpost #33 of 3311/11/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
Yeah i was watching that on radar. Man, wish i LIVED in SLC right now. Snowbird is my favorite place - have had some epic days there.
- 12/6-12/10 Colorado vs. Utah
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Bode News 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 3 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 5 hours, 1 minute ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 5 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer