EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › A couple of personal comments about posers...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A couple of personal comments about posers... - Page 3

post #61 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davluri View Post

I think you are. I have never heard one ski buddy ever use the word "piste" in any context whatsoever.

I'm often piste at the gapers that get in my way!

post #62 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine View Post

I'm often piste at the gapers that get in my way!


Well then I've seem them piste off quite a bit.

post #63 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by davluri View Post

I think you are. I have never heard one ski buddy ever use the word "piste" in any context whatsoever.

Actually you should have heard it at Start Haus, because its common to classify skis as On Piste(front side) bias or Off Piste(back side) bias, and that term is used quite often. 

post #64 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

Actually you should have heard it at Start Haus, because its common to classify skis as On Piste(front side) bias or Off Piste(back side) bias, and that term is used quite often. 


Must be because Jim spent so much time in Europe?

post #65 of 77

Well, K2 rode the 'piste' pun game for a good while about 12-15 years ago with their telemark skis... she's piste, totally piste, piste off, piste stinx, etc....

post #66 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

Actually you should have heard it at Start Haus, because its common to classify skis as On Piste(front side) bias or Off Piste(back side) bias, and that term is used quite often. 


Not if you (they) were talking to me smile.gif ; and I don't listen in when you are casting your spell nonono2.gifon a customer with your French pronunciations.... "Will you be using zees ski for piste or off-piste skiing primarily??" biggrin.gif   Well, we came close to taking a run, and that's a good start.


Edited by davluri - 11/7/12 at 4:44pm
post #67 of 77

Well, if you'd glance around to see the chick skiing in a bikini, we may have had that run we talked about.  

post #68 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by markojp View Post

Well, K2 rode the 'piste' pun game for a good while about 12-15 years ago with their telemark skis... she's piste, totally piste, piste off, piste stinx, etc....


they really used piste off? th_dunno-1[1].gif      roflmao.gif

post #69 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

Well, if you'd glance around to see the chick skiing in a bikini, we may have had that run we talked about.  

Wait, my brain just woke up for a second there.  I was loosening my boots, taking a long time to get started and said: "don't walk ahead, I'll never catch you" at the same time you said "I'll just start up, you'll catch me."  genius, you and I, together. wink.gif
I was trying not to leer.cool.gif  So how do you ski National in a bikini?  Very carefully biggrin.gif

post #70 of 77

Oh man!  I can so play in this thread

 

 

DSC_4455b.jpg

post #71 of 77
Thread Starter 

I'll see that and raise....

 

1000

 

But, I'm pretty sure I saw Trekchick visiting Disneyland with a friend.

1000

post #72 of 77

Ahem....just where are we going with this thread?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(New Orleans, perhaps?  Certainly not Disneyland)

post #73 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by davluri View Post


Not if you (they) were talking to me smile.gif; and I don't listen in when you are casting your spell nonono2.gifon a customer with your French pronunciations.... "Will you be using zees ski for piste or off-piste skiing primarily??" biggrin.gif  Well, we came close to taking a run, and that's a good start.

Wait, I know you two took at least one run. No bikinis that day, though.

 

post #74 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post

Wait, I know you two took at least one run. No bikinis that day, though.

 


Wait! Look TC, you and I in the same frame. 3:00 in the afternoon and off to the far reaches. That was a fun adventure.  Thanks for the photo, over by 'Our Father' area.

post #75 of 77

Ah Yesss!  

A place to pray.  

ULLR did smile on us, eh? 

post #76 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine View Post

This has to be the most useless thread on Epic Ski in a long time.

I'm kinda proud of it.

Yes, Nice job dakine. Seems you have rounded up almost all the usual suspects cool.gif .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So getting back to my cougar situation, I thought markojp's suggestion to leave a pair of tele ski's on the porch as a signal for the Cougars was a good idea, but now i've got a bunch of telechicas hanging out in the front yard. Mrs jimmy has gone, to pardonee my frenches', piste off, err off piste. I've discovered that THE North Face has a line of jackets designed for Cougars,

 

 

The North Face Cougar Print Jacket

 

Do you think if I leave one of these out with the skis i would discourage the cougars or would it send mixed signals to the telechicas that have been hanging around since i took markojp's advice re:the skis?

post #77 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post

Yes, Nice job dakine. Seems you have rounded up almost all the usual suspects cool.gif .

 

 

 

 

Where is that Tog, anyway?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › A couple of personal comments about posers...