I hear quite often that the Volkl line is stiffer than most. I am high end intermediate skier and currently have and LOVE the Volkl Violas. Are the Violas stiff to people and they just don't seem it to me. Just curious. I am very interested in upgrading my skis this year so the Kenja is at the top of my list so I am anxiously reading this thread.
- item2013 Atomic Affinity Stormtagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Blizzard Black Pearltagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Fischer KOA 84 My Styletagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Fischer KOA 88 My Styletagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Nordica Belle to Belletagged by System, 11/18/12
- item2013 Rossignol Temptation 88 Skitagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Volkl Kenjatagged by System, 11/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- volkl aura vs kenja - womens [Colorado intermediate] Last post on 4/13/15 at 9:43am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Looking to upgrade/switch skis Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:44pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ladies: intermed-advanced skiier seeks recommendation for skis Last post on 10/11/12 at 5:58am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Thoughts on a good new ski Last post on 9/13/12 at 10:29am in General Skiing Discussion
- Rossi Temptation 88 womens skis Last post on 8/29/12 at 1:19am in Ski Gear Discussion
All Mountain 50/50
Last edited: 12/3/12
- Front Side CarvingLast edited: 12/4/12
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- Front Side Carving
Kenja or Nordica Belle for a chubby intermediate skier? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I also ski with a level 9 small woman 5FT 110lbs who loves her 2013 Kenja's. She even had them in 156cm. One of the ski house mates a tall girl going for her PSIA III has them in 170cm and also loves them.
Buy them and take a few lessons on them.
Read the ratings in ski magazine.
Thanks. I have done a ton of reading on them and so far I think they are the ski for me. On paper they are fabulous and I love the fact that they are camber through the body and rockered in the tip(s). I just have this idea it will be my ginsu knife carving machine that will advance my abilities to the next level. Now I just need to try the ski. My local mountain demos it and I plan to take a couple lessons. I am currently a level 5 skier.
- Kenja or Nordica Belle for a chubby intermediate skier?
- › Jacket Recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › Always facing uphill 11 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 12 minutes ago
- › Early season GS Training (video) 16 minutes ago
- › does anybody ever get scared of heights on chairlifts? 17 minutes ago
- › school me on widths for pow/crud 18 minutes ago
- › Maine/New Hampshire/Vermont 2016-17 Demo Days 18 minutes ago
- › Need help buying my first ski's [on piste in Europe] 23 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 25 minutes ago
- › Intermediate Zone planning thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues