I hear quite often that the Volkl line is stiffer than most. I am high end intermediate skier and currently have and LOVE the Volkl Violas. Are the Violas stiff to people and they just don't seem it to me. Just curious. I am very interested in upgrading my skis this year so the Kenja is at the top of my list so I am anxiously reading this thread.
- item2013 Atomic Affinity Stormtagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Blizzard Black Pearltagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Fischer KOA 84 My Styletagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Fischer KOA 88 My Styletagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Nordica Belle to Belletagged by System, 11/18/12
- item2013 Rossignol Temptation 88 Skitagged by System, 11/4/12
- item2013 Volkl Kenjatagged by System, 11/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- volkl aura vs kenja - womens [Colorado intermediate] Last post on 4/13/15 at 9:43am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Looking to upgrade/switch skis Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:44pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ladies: intermed-advanced skiier seeks recommendation for skis Last post on 10/11/12 at 5:58am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Thoughts on a good new ski Last post on 9/13/12 at 10:29am in General Skiing Discussion
- Rossi Temptation 88 womens skis Last post on 8/29/12 at 1:19am in Ski Gear Discussion
All Mountain 50/50
Last edited: 12/3/12
- Front Side CarvingLast edited: 12/4/12
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
- Front Side Carving
Kenja or Nordica Belle for a chubby intermediate skier? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I also ski with a level 9 small woman 5FT 110lbs who loves her 2013 Kenja's. She even had them in 156cm. One of the ski house mates a tall girl going for her PSIA III has them in 170cm and also loves them.
Buy them and take a few lessons on them.
Read the ratings in ski magazine.
Thanks. I have done a ton of reading on them and so far I think they are the ski for me. On paper they are fabulous and I love the fact that they are camber through the body and rockered in the tip(s). I just have this idea it will be my ginsu knife carving machine that will advance my abilities to the next level. Now I just need to try the ski. My local mountain demos it and I plan to take a couple lessons. I am currently a level 5 skier.
- Kenja or Nordica Belle for a chubby intermediate skier?
- › Lure of the steeps? 9 minutes ago
- › Killington Advice Sought 51 minutes ago
- › Arcteryx vs Patagonia 57 minutes ago
- › Breck tickets 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › banging my skis into my planted poles = damaged edges 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Getting on the snow with Meier Skis 2016 lineup. 4 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › April 2017 Image of the Month Contest 5 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 7 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review