Hi all - new here,
Hoping to get some recommendations for skis to demo during a week's trip to Alta this December. Here's the spec:
- Began skiing at the beginning of last season; skied about 25 days (mainly PCMR). Addicted.
- Expect to be skiing 20-25 days a season for the foreseeable future - mainly Utah as it's the easiest place for me to reach.
- Would classify myself as a solid intermediate now, confident on any blue and on the easier blacks - and learning quickly.
- Have so far skied mostly groomers and just a little in bumps and trees - would like to do more. No interest in the park.
- Not aggressive, not conservative, somewhere in the middle.
- 5'10" 135 lbs, finesse rather than power skier...
I've been using rental boots and skis up to now. Already have my first morning in Alta set aside for boot fitting and purchase - that's really my priority. Still, thought I'd take the opportunity to try something other than the stock rental skis while I was there.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.