This word gets thrown around alot here. I think people mostly mean good performance in a variety of snow conditions.
I think there are many types of versatility:
- Performance in a variety of conditions
- Works well for different types of skiing (aggressive freeride, cruising groomers, noodling in the trees, etc)
- Turn sizes and shapes supported
- Comfort at a variety of speeds (or skier weight/sizes)
- Sensitivity to skier input, can you relax on this ski?
- Sensitivity to mount point
I am curious how you define versatility.