Stowe spun up their snowmaking system last night, and it worked perfectly, according to reports. If you haven't heard, Stowe dumped a huge chunk of change on upgrading their snowmaking system this summer. The really important part of this was the system around the base areas. They were able to successfully blow snow at 32 degrees. This is huge, because Stowe's lift system runs entirely from the bases, meaning in order to open, they need to be able to open top to bottom. No upper mountain lift turning with a download at the end of the day. Stowe's opening day is set for November 17th.
- itemStowetagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- STOWE MOUNTAIN RESORT TO JOIN THE VAIL RESORTS FAMILY Last post on 3/8/17 at 2:59pm in Skiing News
- Can Stowe in Vermont Attract The Skiing Jet Set? Last post on 1/29/17 at 9:34pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Looking to go to Stowe this year, where are the discounted lift tickets??? Last post on 1/24/17 at 11:26am in General Skiing Discussion
- Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks Last post on 10/25/16 at 10:23am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . Last post on Yesterday at 4:31 pm in General Skiing Discussion
A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
Last edited: 2/13/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Unofficial Guide to STOWELast edited: 12/1/16
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...Last edited: 1/8/16
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Stowe shooting snow, 10/13/12post #1 of 310/13/12 at 1:06pmThread Starterpost #2 of 310/26/12 at 1:04am
I wasn't aware of that - nice to hear. Stowe is one of my favorite mountains but I haven't been for years now.
Just checked their site - a season pass is $1,653! And after Oct 30 it goes up to $2,056! Holy cow!post #3 of 311/11/12 at 5:51pm
Did anybody go last week to the passholders event? Saw pictures on their FB page - it looked pretty good, but would be curious to hear from people who actually went - how was it?
- Stowe shooting snow, 10/13/12
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 16 seconds ago
- › Tips for keeping your tips up? 26 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 26 minutes ago
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 6 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Tibia/Fibula Fracture 6 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 6 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Looking to get into Park Skiing 6 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 7 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview