Stowe spun up their snowmaking system last night, and it worked perfectly, according to reports. If you haven't heard, Stowe dumped a huge chunk of change on upgrading their snowmaking system this summer. The really important part of this was the system around the base areas. They were able to successfully blow snow at 32 degrees. This is huge, because Stowe's lift system runs entirely from the bases, meaning in order to open, they need to be able to open top to bottom. No upper mountain lift turning with a download at the end of the day. Stowe's opening day is set for November 17th.
- itemStowetagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks Last post on Today at 4:13 am in General Skiing Discussion
- Sugarbush--Any insider insight/Anything I should know--Also Stowe v Sugarbush--what are key... Last post on 8/1/16 at 5:18am in General Skiing Discussion
- Stowe or Sugarbush Last post on 2/22/16 at 6:14pm in General Skiing Discussion
- How to ski Paradise and Goat Last post on 2/24/16 at 8:42am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Stowe - Instructor recommendations needed [for MLK weekend - A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 1/12/16 at 5:50am in Family Skiing Discussions
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Unofficial Guide to STOWELast edited: 6/20/16
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...Last edited: 1/8/16
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Stowe shooting snow, 10/13/12post #1 of 310/13/12 at 1:06pmThread Starterpost #2 of 310/26/12 at 1:04am
I wasn't aware of that - nice to hear. Stowe is one of my favorite mountains but I haven't been for years now.
Just checked their site - a season pass is $1,653! And after Oct 30 it goes up to $2,056! Holy cow!post #3 of 311/11/12 at 5:51pm
Did anybody go last week to the passholders event? Saw pictures on their FB page - it looked pretty good, but would be curious to hear from people who actually went - how was it?
- Stowe shooting snow, 10/13/12
- Unofficial Guide to STOWE
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 3 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 3 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 15 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 32 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 35 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 39 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 51 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 54 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer