Thanks for the weather/conditions updates. I'm trying to strategize about lift tickets and ski area choices. My son and I are committed to joining you guys for the second through fourth days of the gathering, but then I have two more ski days and could fill them with a three day MRG ticket off liftopia (priced at less than one day at Stowe). Would that be a mistake or do you think the natural conditions at MRG are good to go at this time? We enjoy MRG when it is on. I guess I could wait until Sunday morning at Sugarbush, but would have to decide then whether to keep two extra prepurchased SB tickets for later use or liquidate them like Crank. Alternatively, I could also do the two extra days at Sugarbush South and North quite affordably.
We may bring a third person with us and I could swing between both ability groups. My son will probably prefer the stronger group.
As I said above, the Sugarbush natural snow trails were a bit thin, although definitely ski-able without doing core-shots. I spent Sunday and Monday at Stowe, and Stowe has better coverage for the most part, but then again -- I was at Stowe just after 5" fell and Sugarbush got the same 5". So they improved a bit. The new snow was kinda wet, heavy stuff that sticks to things well. And it looks like there's the potential for a bit more this week. I don't think you can really go wrong between the three areas; if you enjoy MRG when it's "on" -- well, it's probably as "on" as it gets right now.