or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ryder Cup choke

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

 No other way to spin it. Only 3 and a half points out of 12 in the singles.

post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip inderhol View Post

 No other way to spin it. Only 3 and a half points out of 12 in the singles.


        Not sure if thats right, pretty tough to have that many good matches in a row[US] vs going for broke[Euro's] and winning. Maybe choke maybe luck just ran out and the good swings where used up.

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post


        Not sure if thats right, pretty tough to have that many good matches in a row[US] vs going for broke[Euro's] and winning. Maybe choke maybe luck just ran out and the good swings where used up.

 To some extent luck swung.  If you watched the Saturday matches the Euros had a large number of putts that stopped on the lip, bounced out etc.  Sunday they all started falling.  Made for real exciting match though. 

 

When we win again in Scotland in 2014 I think we should get to keep the US team as a trophy....biggrin.gif

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post

 To some extent luck swung.  If you watched the Saturday matches the Euros had a large number of putts that stopped on the lip, bounced out etc.  Sunday they all started falling.  Made for real exciting match though. 

 

When we win again in Scotland in 2014 I think we should get to keep the US team as a trophy....biggrin.gif


  If they spit the bit then you may have to

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 

When we win again in Scotland in 2014  Counting chickens is what got the US beat.

 

The Euros didn't just play well, they played great. But at some point in match play you have to hit a shot that stops the other guys momentum. The US just kept gripping it tighter and tighter. I've played enough, (and choked enough) to recognize it when I see it.

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip inderhol View Post

When we win again in Scotland in 2014  Counting chickens is what got the US beat.

 

The Euros didn't just play well, they played great. But at some point in match play you have to hit a shot that stops the other guys momentum. The US just kept gripping it tighter and tighter. I've played enough, (and choked enough) to recognize it when I see it.


      Counting chickens is a fair call. Depends on how you describe choking, throwing it away when there is no pressure or just getting tight when pressured. I tend to think of it more as self implosion.

post #7 of 7

Euro's did what they had to do early on Sunday winning the first four singles matches to tie it up 10-10. That put the heat on the Americans who did not respond.

Watching Furyk try to make crucial putts on 17 and 18 was painful to watch as he took soooo much time you just knew those putts were not going to drop.

Big gag job by Furyk to lose a one up lead with 2 to play and lose the match outright.

Maybe the ghost of Seve had a little to do with it too?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Sports