EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Help me replace my ancient 203/205 Olin Comp SL's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me replace my ancient 203/205 Olin Comp SL's - Page 2

post #31 of 34
Thread Starter 

Oldschoolskier,

 

What did you get those for?  What year are they?   Could not imagine an SL ski, can you ski on that all day, or is it tiring?

 

All the talk above about not being able to turn on crowded short hills with a GS ski,...glad I didn't listen to that!  Am I missing something?  How would going to a shorter ski with a shorter turn radius translate to an out of control condition?  Amazing!  Really owe you two a lot, thanks for all of your feedback!

post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimore7 View Post

Oldschoolskier,

 

What did you get those for?  What year are they?   Could not imagine an SL ski, can you ski on that all day, or is it tiring?

 

All the talk above about not being able to turn on crowded short hills with a GS ski,...glad I didn't listen to that!  Am I missing something?  How would going to a shorter ski with a shorter turn radius translate to an out of control condition?  Amazing!  Really owe you two a lot, thanks for all of your feedback!

It was two fold actually.  I also have a set of 200 Atomic "Blue" ARC SL's that I used to ski and figured if the need/opportunity arose I would get a set.  As it happened I'm teaching skiing at a very (and I do mean very) small hill (pimple more like it, both lifts are magic carpets) too schools on day trips and instead get my Perfect GS skis chewed up by non-skiers and also to make it easier to pull tight radius turns for demos I though opportunity and need.

 

They are about 5-6 years old in OK shape and where cheap (so if I didn't like them not much of a loss).  That said, if you really want to play and run zip lines with the skis, what a blast.  So far all day has been good.  Only down side, not as much top end as the GS. 

 

The more I get into the shaped skis the more I realize that multi-ski quivers are the norm and for obvious reasons.  Not like in the old days where one ski you could do just about everything.

 

I say go demo a set, and if you buy a set, don't let your wife blame me...OK biggrin.gif, just use the excuse you're helping the economy!

 

BTW, I'm blaming ScotsSkier for planting the SL bug in head biggrin.gif and my excuse was just to teach on dear.

 

cheers,

 

G

post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolskier View Post

It was two fold actually.  I also have a set of 200 Atomic "Blue" ARC SL's that I used to ski and figured if the need/opportunity arose I would get a set.  As it happened I'm teaching skiing at a very (and I do mean very) small hill (pimple more like it, both lifts are magic carpets) too schools on day trips and instead get my Perfect GS skis chewed up by non-skiers and also to make it easier to pull tight radius turns for demos I though opportunity and need.

 

They are about 5-6 years old in OK shape and where cheap (so if I didn't like them not much of a loss).  That said, if you really want to play and run zip lines with the skis, what a blast.  So far all day has been good.  Only down side, not as much top end as the GS. 

 

The more I get into the shaped skis the more I realize that multi-ski quivers are the norm and for obvious reasons.  Not like in the old days where one ski you could do just about everything.

 

I say go demo a set, and if you buy a set, don't let your wife blame me...OK biggrin.gif, just use the excuse you're helping the economy!

 

BTW, I'm blaming ScotsSkier for planting the SL bug in head biggrin.gif and my excuse was just to teach on dear.

 

cheers,

 

G

What?? me????  smile.gif  you realize of course that i am the race ski equivalent of your local crack dealer......devil.gif

post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post

What?? me????  smile.gif  you realize of course that i am the race ski equivalent of your local crack dealer......devil.gif

A noble profession indeed (race ski kind of course) beercheer.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Help me replace my ancient 203/205 Olin Comp SL's