Looking at getting the rocker 122, I'm 5'11 and 150lbs(68.5kg). Which would be better the 184 or 180?? And which bindings work well with this skis(and brake size)? thanks for your help.
Related Forum Threads
- Question re: Ski Sizing Last post on 2/21/13 at 5:00pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- East Coast One Ski Quiver Last post on 8/2/15 at 12:22pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski sizing for the modern age- should your jacket size be your ski size? Last post on 1/23/13 at 4:58pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Looking for advice on ski length Last post on 12/10/14 at 3:33pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Height, Length and DIN Last post on 4/1/13 at 8:35pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
Five Key Questions When Buying New Skis
Last edited: 9/7/12
- Choosing A Ski LengthLast edited: 12/6/12
- How to Find the Best Deals on SkisLast edited: 3/20/13
- Do You Know The Environmental Impact Of Your SkisLast edited: 4/26/11
- Powder Skis And Skier SizeLast edited: 11/24/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
What size Rocker 122!!post #2 of 49/22/12 at 12:24pm
192, if not 184 for sure. your 511. bindings depend on your skill level. if your getting the rocker, i assume your good enough to buy a pair of salomon sth 14 drivers. marker schizos if you want 3cm to-fro adjustable, although im kind of sketched out about "adjustability". seems like more parts for breaking purposes.post #3 of 49/22/12 at 3:40pm
It depends on the terrain.
Well, it actually does to a degree... Weight would say 180. Height would say 184. Although it is worth noting that 4cm is an almost immaterial length difference. You are likely aware, but it is worth noting that the main difference between those two skis is that the 180 is really 115 wide. If you ski narrower places and mess-about terrain and you want a more all-around playful ski that'll float well enough, do the 180. If you ski more open terrain, go faster, spend more time in deeper snow, want surfier, think about the 184. Don't even think about the big one at your weight.
Any of an STH, Jester/Griffon, Pivot/FKS will be peachy. Pick the smallest brake that'll fit the ski you choose...
- What size Rocker 122!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Choosing A Ski Length
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 26 seconds ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 1 minute ago
- › how to adjsut Rossignol Power 10C axial front binding 2 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 8 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 10 minutes ago
- › 87 degree side edge too much for park? 14 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 20 minutes ago
- › Beginners tip bible - share yours 54 minutes ago
- › Spademan ski bindings 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › FS: Dynastar SPX 15 Maxflex Binding - Brand New, $250 shipped to... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer