Looking at getting the rocker 122, I'm 5'11 and 150lbs(68.5kg). Which would be better the 184 or 180?? And which bindings work well with this skis(and brake size)? thanks for your help.
Related Forum Threads
- Question re: Ski Sizing Last post on 2/21/13 at 5:00pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- East Coast One Ski Quiver Last post on 8/2/15 at 12:22pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski sizing for the modern age- should your jacket size be your ski size? Last post on 1/23/13 at 4:58pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Looking for advice on ski length Last post on 12/10/14 at 3:33pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Height, Length and DIN Last post on 4/1/13 at 8:35pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
Five Key Questions When Buying New Skis
Last edited: 9/7/12
- Choosing A Ski LengthLast edited: 12/6/12
- How to Find the Best Deals on SkisLast edited: 3/20/13
- Do You Know The Environmental Impact Of Your SkisLast edited: 4/26/11
- Powder Skis And Skier SizeLast edited: 11/24/12
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
What size Rocker 122!!post #2 of 49/22/12 at 12:24pm
192, if not 184 for sure. your 511. bindings depend on your skill level. if your getting the rocker, i assume your good enough to buy a pair of salomon sth 14 drivers. marker schizos if you want 3cm to-fro adjustable, although im kind of sketched out about "adjustability". seems like more parts for breaking purposes.post #3 of 49/22/12 at 3:40pm
It depends on the terrain.
Well, it actually does to a degree... Weight would say 180. Height would say 184. Although it is worth noting that 4cm is an almost immaterial length difference. You are likely aware, but it is worth noting that the main difference between those two skis is that the 180 is really 115 wide. If you ski narrower places and mess-about terrain and you want a more all-around playful ski that'll float well enough, do the 180. If you ski more open terrain, go faster, spend more time in deeper snow, want surfier, think about the 184. Don't even think about the big one at your weight.
Any of an STH, Jester/Griffon, Pivot/FKS will be peachy. Pick the smallest brake that'll fit the ski you choose...
- What size Rocker 122!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Choosing A Ski Length
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Before and after 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › When is Spring Break CO 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › New Rossignol Black Ops Ski 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview