I am looking for some advice on different options to consider for picking a daily driver ski (I will be buying this year but would appreciate if anyone had some advice on different skis to demo etc to try out before settling on one). I tend to not be the hardest charger and tend to favor skis quicker edge to edge. I've demo'd last year's K2 Rictors and thought they were solid and had fun on them but am intrigued by both the Blizzard Bushwackers and Nordica Steadfasts as well which are on list to try this year. Thoughts on any others I should add to the demo / consideration list?
Some facts that I have to consider:
- I am an advanced skier, high intermediate (I ski blacks in mid-atlantic, single black/blues out east, single black/blues out west).
- 5'6" and about 125 pounds (I am lighter skier so I often find longer stiffer skis difficult to ski unless really charging)
- I ski out west (SLC, Whistler, etc) about 12-15 days a year and ski another 10-15 days out in mid-atlantic/east.
- I am usually about 60/40 on piste/off piste when out west and usually mostly on piste in mid-atlantic.
- If powder dumps happen, I will rent when traveling (Not much powder in mid-atlantic).