Hi everyone, my girlfriend & i have a ski trip booked in Feb 2013 to Keystone & Steamboat. As we are Aussie's not sure where to buy ski wear in USA,first stop L.A then Keystone. Where can anyone suggest we buy some new threads from ?
Related Forum Threads
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Steamboat or Keystone for VT Intermediates? Last post on 9/15/16 at 11:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- "Top" Family Ski Resorts, anything new for 2015-16? [A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:10pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Colorado Ski Tour [from TX, late Dec to early Jan] Last post on 1/19/16 at 8:03am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best resort for young kids - close to Denver? Last post on 1/9/14 at 6:14pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Where to buy ski wear near Keystone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
While at Keystone make sure you sample the `Beaver Tails`, available in the resort`s village. Originated in Canada, they are like a crepe with different sweet fillings. YUM
Will you have a car or do you have some sort of bus transfer booked?
Buying at the areas in February means you're going to take a thorough screwing. Buy from Backcountry.com, Sierratrading post.com, or any of the other great online shops here, then have it sent to the address you'll be staying at in LA and take it with you..
Backcountry.com does have a very liberal return policy & I awesome customer service. You can always find decent deals there or on departmentofgoods.com. The customer reviews help out quite a bit, too. The only issue is that shipping charges to Aus may be kind of expensive. But you can easily offset the extra expense of shipping charges by shopping cloesouts & monster sales. You'll still be ahead versus paying full retail for ski gear at a resort (ouch!). It's just the claculated risk of buying clothing/gear online. I've had pretty good luck buying most of my stuff online so far - I just refuse to pay retail!
I agree. Lots of choice and good prices. Another possiblity is the Columbia store in the Silverthorne Outlets. I've seen some great prices there.
He won't have a car, folks. Guess he'll learn to love the Summit Stage...
Like buying ski wear here, if you buy near any resort your gonna pay top dollar in peak season.
Iv been looking at backcountry and other online places but will still look around over the next few months at all these sites that have been suggested to see if any blow away on-line deals come up.
Like anything if you want good gear then be prepared to pay for it like arc'teryx,spider etc etc.
The sales here are getting underway but i wouldn't call them bargain sale prices!
Isn't there a Christies in Dillon or Frisco, too?
IIRC you can access those places via public transportation.
|817 Hwy 6 Dillon, CO|
DOH! I should have remembered that one, demo'd some Mantras last season from them.
- Where to buy ski wear near Keystone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Boot fitting question as I think I've outgrown mine? 8 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 17 minutes ago
- › 2017 season pass rates 22 minutes ago
- › Best Intermidiate/advanced skiis under $400 [for Colorado, to... 30 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 49 minutes ago
- › Planning a Heli-Skiing trip to BC 49 minutes ago
- › Just a little Pre Season STOKE! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Vail to buy Whistler/Blackcomb 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...