Hi everyone, my girlfriend & i have a ski trip booked in Feb 2013 to Keystone & Steamboat. As we are Aussie's not sure where to buy ski wear in USA,first stop L.A then Keystone. Where can anyone suggest we buy some new threads from ?
Related Forum Threads
- Plan my Breckenridge trip - Feb 1-3 [first time out west, flying from OH] Last post on 12/28/16 at 9:07am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 3/21/17 at 7:53pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Steamboat or Keystone for VT Intermediates? Last post on 9/15/16 at 11:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- "Top" Family Ski Resorts, anything new for 2015-16? [A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:10pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Colorado Ski Tour [from TX, late Dec to early Jan] Last post on 1/19/16 at 8:03am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2Last edited: 1/20/17
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Where to buy ski wear near Keystone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
While at Keystone make sure you sample the `Beaver Tails`, available in the resort`s village. Originated in Canada, they are like a crepe with different sweet fillings. YUM
Will you have a car or do you have some sort of bus transfer booked?
Buying at the areas in February means you're going to take a thorough screwing. Buy from Backcountry.com, Sierratrading post.com, or any of the other great online shops here, then have it sent to the address you'll be staying at in LA and take it with you..
Backcountry.com does have a very liberal return policy & I awesome customer service. You can always find decent deals there or on departmentofgoods.com. The customer reviews help out quite a bit, too. The only issue is that shipping charges to Aus may be kind of expensive. But you can easily offset the extra expense of shipping charges by shopping cloesouts & monster sales. You'll still be ahead versus paying full retail for ski gear at a resort (ouch!). It's just the claculated risk of buying clothing/gear online. I've had pretty good luck buying most of my stuff online so far - I just refuse to pay retail!
I agree. Lots of choice and good prices. Another possiblity is the Columbia store in the Silverthorne Outlets. I've seen some great prices there.
He won't have a car, folks. Guess he'll learn to love the Summit Stage...
Like buying ski wear here, if you buy near any resort your gonna pay top dollar in peak season.
Iv been looking at backcountry and other online places but will still look around over the next few months at all these sites that have been suggested to see if any blow away on-line deals come up.
Like anything if you want good gear then be prepared to pay for it like arc'teryx,spider etc etc.
The sales here are getting underway but i wouldn't call them bargain sale prices!
Isn't there a Christies in Dillon or Frisco, too?
IIRC you can access those places via public transportation.
|817 Hwy 6 Dillon, CO|
DOH! I should have remembered that one, demo'd some Mantras last season from them.
- Where to buy ski wear near Keystone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Park Ski Tuning 24 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 37 minutes ago
- › Thinking about moving from Atomic Blackeye 167 to the Blackeye TI... 47 minutes ago
- › MA request for tree / off-piste skiing 58 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › So the NE is going to have a "weather event starting Thursady night... 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Stockli Laser SC: a ski everyone who takes their skiing seriously... 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › How do I screw bindings on Stockli speedplates? 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Anyone had MSC (aka Regenexx) done to knee and ski'd to tell about it? 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › New ski advice [northeast, Mantra? Bonafide?] 4 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview