Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 10/23/16 at 4:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 31post #901 of 221511/7/13 at 7:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #902 of 221511/7/13 at 8:22pmpost #903 of 221511/7/13 at 10:11pm
Since we're seeing Moab area pics, this is from a rest stop on I-70 approaching Moab from the west. I didn't think much of the photo when I first took it, but it's grown on me.
Edited by Posaune - 11/8/13 at 8:29ampost #904 of 221511/7/13 at 10:58pmpost #905 of 221511/8/13 at 8:02ampost #906 of 221511/8/13 at 8:38am
Don't know the name of this arch, but it's in Arches NP.
And this is from Valley of Fire State Park. A little known park about 30 miles north of Las Vegas off of I-15 and about 10 - 15 miles east from the freeway. If you have not been there, you should go. It blew us away with the incredible formations.post #907 of 221511/8/13 at 6:18pmpost #908 of 221511/9/13 at 11:08am
This was posted over in Skiing News by Trekchick and thought it was worth sharing here:
Quote:Originally Posted by Trekchick
Blizzard Skis is having another great contest, on Instragram.
Perhaps @blizzimages can pop in to answer any questions that may come up.Quote:Spread the word, this should be fun: by@tecnicablizzard "Our content manager (@blizzimages) is a little tired of looking at his own work. He needs your inspiration, so post your best photo from the great outdoors with @tecnicablizzard tagged and the hashtag#blizzardphotofest. Blizzimages will pick his favorite image and send the winner a fresh pair of Gunsmokes and feature their photo with @tecnicablizzard Photos accepted through November 15 - Ski photos are appreciated but anything from your outdoor adventures qualifies!" via @InstaRepostspost #909 of 221511/9/13 at 12:00pm
After looking over that message and going to the site (I think) I still have no idea what they want us to do. Something about posting a photo for entry in a contest to win skis, but how is a mystery. It reads like gobeldygook to me.post #910 of 221511/9/13 at 1:21pmQuote:
Basically the way to win is have an Instagram account. If you have an Instagram account caption your picture with the hashtag #blizzardphotofest and also add @blizzpics to your comment so they see your entry.post #911 of 221511/9/13 at 2:19pmQuote:
Yup, that's it.post #912 of 221511/9/13 at 4:18pmpost #913 of 221511/10/13 at 5:47amThread Starterpost #914 of 221511/10/13 at 6:06amQuote:
Is that a crater out there in the middle, in the distant gray area? As in meteor strike long long long ago?post #915 of 221511/10/13 at 6:35amQuote:
My guess is no. But it's only a guess. I just stopped to pee, took the picture and was on my way. It's the only time I've ever been there.post #916 of 221511/10/13 at 10:39am
Cell phone shot posted not for its artfulness but to document the tone and tones of a typical November day in the western Maine mountains. There is a grayness that makes the subdued cranberry color in the stems of leafless blueberry bushes and the quiet greens of moss and lichen jump out as though they were day-glo paints. In a good way. :) Again, I'm talking about the way this all looks in real life, not about what's present in my photo. The snow in the background is at Sunday River.
Edit: This was taken yesterday on a short hike up Rumford Whitecap.
Edited by qcanoe - 11/10/13 at 10:56ampost #917 of 221511/10/13 at 10:48ampost #918 of 221511/11/13 at 8:39amThread Starterpost #919 of 221511/12/13 at 9:51ampost #920 of 221511/13/13 at 7:29amThread Starter
Thanks a lot, and Pete and TC
That is with a d7000 and 85mm 1.8g shot at 2.5
The front page caption is so funny to me TC, because that is what he did say in his little voice and cadence.post #921 of 221511/13/13 at 7:50ampost #922 of 221511/13/13 at 7:53amQuote:
Splitter is a master with the camera plus he has a pretty strong Patagonia connection to boot.post #923 of 221511/13/13 at 8:07ampost #924 of 221511/13/13 at 8:54ampost #925 of 221511/13/13 at 9:29ampost #926 of 221511/13/13 at 4:03pmpost #927 of 221511/13/13 at 10:20pmYesterday I stumbled across this old shipwreck on Fire Island, L.I., which was unearthed by hurricane Sandy last year. Snapped a couple shots for an obvious HDR under an ominous and cold sky:post #928 of 221511/14/13 at 1:16pmpost #929 of 221511/14/13 at 6:50pmQuote:
Came across a similar unburied wreck in Wellfleet, MA (Cape Cod) a few years ago.post #930 of 221511/14/13 at 7:14pmQuote:
That last photo, could use a little help from the boy scouts to knock down that unsafe rock!Return HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 1 minute ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 11 minutes ago
- › Brand New Skis - Do they need wax? 13 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 37 minutes ago
- › Winter Car Camping In/Near Summit County 38 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 49 minutes ago
- › Skiers Edge is defintely not strength training! 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer