Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on Today at 1:08 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 29post #841 of 221510/19/13 at 1:10pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 221510/19/13 at 3:40pm
State Fair today..
Ready to ride, sister chickened out so the kid rode solo..
He freaked out for about the first minute
Then started digging it when he got the rhythm down..
His sister teased him for screaming at first so I told her to put up or shut up. Figured Tilt-a-Whirl was a nice moderate ride to put them both on together.
Note that he is laughing at her looking quite queasy.. PAYBACKpost #843 of 221510/19/13 at 6:53pm
FOG at sea level today, so we headed for the hills. Drove out the Mt. Baker Highway and went up the Hannegan Pass trail.
Right off of the parking lot:
Beautiful fall colors and snow above:
Mt. Ruth:post #844 of 221510/19/13 at 7:58pm
Here's the picture that wouldn't upload from my phone this morning (the view I woke up to staying at a friends house before we went to Nicaragua this morning).post #845 of 221510/20/13 at 12:19pmThread Starterpost #846 of 221510/20/13 at 3:48pmpost #847 of 221510/20/13 at 4:47pmpost #848 of 221510/20/13 at 6:48pmpost #849 of 221510/20/13 at 6:50pmpost #850 of 221510/20/13 at 7:56pmThread Starter
That is the sun coming through the tunnel. It begins to shine through this time of year but only for a short window in the late afternoon just before sunset. Which is good. After taking a few photos of the family bathed in gold light, I put the camera down, picked up a beer, and sat with my wife and son and just enjoyed the sunset. Not a single photo.Quote:Originally Posted by tylrwnzl
@splitter are you using a Neutral Density filter for the shots you take?
On the Big Sur River photo posted, there is no ND or GND (Graduated ND filter). It's just shot before the sun came up. Many shots I post are with an ultra wide angle lens. It doesn't like filters much. There is a lot of vignetting with that lens if you put anything on the front of it.
The Pfeiffer Beach photo used a different lens and I did have a circular polarizer and a soft 2-stop GND to bring out the rocks in the foreground. I use GND's way more than a usual ND. But I do love my UWA for landscapes. I like what I can do with foregrounds with that lens. Then I just shoot RAW, use highlight recovery and the GND tool in LR3.Quote:
Different beach. That is McWay falls at Pfeiffer Burns State Park. Not to be confused with Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park and Pfeiffer Beach. Pfeiffer Burns has 2 campsites that are walk-in, perched above those falls. Pfeiffer Big Sur, where we stayed as Yosemite refugees thanks to the gov'y shutdown, is a more typical campground. it's 10 miles-ish north of Pfeiffer Burns. Pfeiffer Beach is operated by the forest circus so it was shut down until our last day. It is one of the coolest beaches I've ever been to. Down an unmarked road just a mile south of Pfeiffer Big Sur. Have I confused you yet?
That aforementioned golden light
Back to more familiar territory this morningpost #851 of 221510/21/13 at 1:44pmpost #852 of 221510/21/13 at 2:31pm
Jets. That's that game where you run with the ball and throw it at a net-thing, right? I think I've heard of it.
(Wait, does it have to do with neo-pagan horned structures, maybe waffles?)post #853 of 221510/21/13 at 7:41pmpost #854 of 221510/22/13 at 7:07amThread Starter
dig that first one 4ster...
It's definitely not easy to sneak away for good light during road trips with an almost 2 year old. Especially if you want to do things that actually matter on those trips, like roast marshmallows in the evening and drink hot cocoa in the morning.
Sometimes you can get away at 2pm during nap time when mom decides to bed down too. And every photographer I know will tell you just how awesome light is at 2 in the afternoon.
But, at least there was a canopy of trees to filter a little light and some water to reflect stuff.
and this one wasn't during nap time, but it was the middle of the day, the first time toes touched the oceanpost #855 of 221510/22/13 at 2:02pmpost #856 of 221510/22/13 at 2:07pmpost #857 of 221510/23/13 at 7:20amThread Starterpost #858 of 221510/23/13 at 7:40pm
So today I hiked up Angels Landing in Zion National Park
When I got to the top, this guy was circling overhead
then right in front of me he came into a landing, so I sat there while he watched me have lunch
maybe he was waiting for me to trip & fall so I could be his lunch
but you know what the say when it comes to condors... "If you've seen one you've seen em' all".
well almost anyway .post #859 of 221510/24/13 at 8:50pmpost #860 of 221510/25/13 at 2:15pmpost #861 of 221510/25/13 at 4:28pmQuote:
I'd say, having its portrait taken.
No rule that if you're not on perfect pavement you gotta have knobbies. Maybe Bob Barnes is about to ride it in a downhill race.
</snarky>post #862 of 221510/25/13 at 7:00pmpost #863 of 221510/25/13 at 7:03pmpost #864 of 221510/27/13 at 7:20pmpost #865 of 221510/28/13 at 8:25amThread Starter
It's just parked in the campsite. Besides, it's totally trail worthy. Just depends on the trail. It usually has a beer holder. Those are cork grips. I have an old motobecane from the 80's with british commuter bars. All chrome with old campy suicide shifters. It's got the boy's ibert seat and knobby cross tires. Yep, we got steezy, hipster bikes for flat-land family riding.
speaking of hipster, I got a little hipster with the processing on this one. The calm before the storm couple mornings ago...post #866 of 221510/29/13 at 1:01pm
These two love birds were about a half-block from my house a few days ago. My neighbor caught this picture of them just beyond his backyard (permission given to post). They look pretty content, don't they?post #867 of 221510/29/13 at 7:30pmpost #868 of 221510/31/13 at 12:56pmpost #869 of 221510/31/13 at 1:10pm
Been volunteering helping to build a Kingdom Hall (place of worship for Jehovah's Witnesses) about 15 minutes from where I live here in Costa Rica, this was me today.
And one of the many new skills I've learned from the other day:post #870 of 221510/31/13 at 1:59pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 19 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Colorado Winter Driving...is AWD enough? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Painful, funny story 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › CO Man ordered to pay $260,000 in damages from skiing accident 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 4 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer