Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 10/23/16 at 4:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #782 of 22159/26/13 at 2:50ampost #783 of 22159/26/13 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #784 of 22159/26/13 at 8:37ampost #785 of 22159/26/13 at 8:14pmThread Starter
no lunch, just a Coors...
I got myself lost looking for some drainage in the Clan Alpine range. All the roads needed to access the places I was trying to be were surrounded and owned by two places calling themselves ranches, but I'm guessing ranch is short for meth factories with lots of 'no trespassing' signs...
at that point I was taking stock...
an extra for Cirquepost #786 of 22159/27/13 at 8:11amThread Starterpost #787 of 22159/27/13 at 9:36am
A new fountain/sculpture in the garden of a friend; the guy playing clarinet. He has a Dixieland band named the "Bathtub Gin Band" so his family commissioned this piece.
Aha! I found a more complete picture:post #788 of 22159/27/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
Nice! Reminds me a little of this guy: http://gerbomatic.compost #789 of 22159/28/13 at 7:10am
That is a wild sculpture, cool. I see you'r a horn player. I play guitar, bass, piano, keys, harmonica and sing.
My play room.
Edited by tomfifield - 9/28/13 at 7:26ampost #790 of 22159/28/13 at 7:15ampost #791 of 22159/28/13 at 7:21ampost #792 of 22159/28/13 at 6:36pm
Hiked Arenal Volcano today. It's technically still off-limits although since it hasn't erupted in three years they're not really enforcing the no entry. There is no trail though and it is extremely difficult, beautiful views, but never want to do it again. Too treacherous:
View from about the highest point I got to, ran out of energy and it was over my head ability wise to finish the climb.
La Fortuna. I live up towards the farthest point of the town from this picture.
Clearing a trail
Like I said, no trail, and it's jungle.
This was by far the easiest section of the 3000+ foot vertical rock scramble. It was just too hard to capture the harder stuff with a camera. It was class four most the way up (except this), and even bordered on class five at the peak.post #793 of 22159/30/13 at 3:38pmSproul Creek Falls, near Nelson, British Columbia, on a rainy day:
And some mushrooms near the falls:
Taken September 28, 2013. Chilly and wet, but it's not winter yet.post #794 of 22159/30/13 at 8:18pm
A few more from my hike up Arenal the other day:
Hiking up through an eroded river bed to get to the rock scrambles.
Me on right, a visiting friend named Ben on the left in the above mentioned river bed.
This only begins to capture how steep of a climb it was to the summit.post #795 of 22159/30/13 at 10:23pmpost #796 of 221510/1/13 at 4:49pmpost #797 of 221510/1/13 at 5:06pmpost #798 of 221510/1/13 at 5:15pmpost #799 of 221510/1/13 at 8:26pmpost #800 of 221510/2/13 at 10:54ampost #801 of 221510/2/13 at 8:07pmThread Starterpost #802 of 221510/4/13 at 1:50pm
Two weeks and one day ago I posted this picture:
Same mountain today (Mt. Baker), but this is after the big storm that's hitting the Rockies right now. It hit us first. Quite a difference. (Also, a different angle.)
Edited by Posaune - 10/4/13 at 2:10pmpost #803 of 221510/6/13 at 7:28ampost #804 of 221510/6/13 at 7:31ampost #805 of 221510/6/13 at 7:10pmpost #806 of 221510/6/13 at 7:15pmpost #807 of 221510/6/13 at 8:07pmpost #808 of 221510/7/13 at 5:31am4ster, yes it stormed like crazy, we go record rains in much of the state. There is a good amount of snow on the Palmer, I may have to go ski. My freinds with Timberlline passes are skiing now, weekends only.post #809 of 221510/7/13 at 8:09am
It was a great weekend to be in Colorado. There was a ton of new snow in the high country, the fall colors were peaking, and it was a bluebird day. This picture is in the town of Breckenridge. I hope others took and will post some highcountry pictures as mine are mostly of the kiddos. I bet we'll be seeing some classic Colorado fall pictures from yesterday, it was just spectacular.
Breck, Copper, A-basin and Loveland are all VERY white for this time of year. They all look like snow covered ski areas rather than the typical single white strip we usually see this time of year. We drove back over Loveland Pass and it was amazing. No pics, unfortunately, as the kids were sleeping. A-basin and Loveland are REALLY close to opening. There were quite a few BC tracks on the north side of the pass, and a few folks hitchhiking back up.
The temperature swings were incredible. It was 16 degrees when I tried to go for a "run" early yesterday morning at Copper. My body is not ready for that, yikes. It was a very comfortable 50 degrees playing around in Breck during the day, then over 70 back home in Denver. I love this time of year. As much as I can't wait to ski, I wish we could stretch out the borrowed time of fall.post #810 of 221510/7/13 at 12:48pmWe took a family hike off of Loveland Pass before heading down to Frisco for some lower elevation hiking. Plenty of people getting turns off of various points on the pass, and the kids were loving the instant winter up high.
Edited by NayBreak - 10/7/13 at 1:01pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 5 minutes ago
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 6 minutes ago
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 13 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 22 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 22 minutes ago
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 28 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 33 minutes ago
- › 87 degree side edge too much for park? 45 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 51 minutes ago
- › Tuning Elan Amphibio 88xti skis 53 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer