Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on Yesterday at 5:37 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 3post #61 of 22119/13/12 at 2:26pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 22119/13/12 at 4:41pmpost #63 of 22119/14/12 at 7:59amThread Starterpost #64 of 22119/14/12 at 2:42pm
Here's a little(?) lady that has taken up residence between the shrubbery and side of our house this month.
I've heard that they are harmless to humans but have been known to eat small lizards.post #65 of 22119/14/12 at 7:56pm
I just got my new issue of Ski Journal. There is an article about how Reno is becoming less seedy and more of a ski destination. This photo would be a nice addition to that article.
This has been such a great thread to keep featuring. Beautiful input from the members.post #66 of 22119/15/12 at 4:49pmpost #67 of 22119/16/12 at 4:17am
Some beautiful shots in this thread. And I'm embarrassed to submit something from a cheapie Coolpix.
View of the Potomac River with Memorial Bridge and Lincoln Memorial taken 9/14/12 on my morning bike commute.post #68 of 22119/16/12 at 6:07ampost #69 of 22119/16/12 at 7:09am
Nice cactus Posaune. I'll throw in one. We have only one variety in the Okanagan, prickly pear cactus.
arrowleaf balsamroot. These are dryland flowers found all over western North America but we call them Okanagan sunflowers.
Last snow fall of the season a couple of years ago.post #70 of 22119/17/12 at 8:54am
Nobody guessed, so I'll tell you. This is not snow. It is gypsum sand at White Sands National Monument. It drifts with the wind so they have to plow the roads. The restroom is for a picnic area. It was in the mid to upper 70s when I took this picture in October 2008.
Here's another picture from the same place.post #71 of 22119/17/12 at 3:47pmpost #72 of 22119/17/12 at 11:06pm
This past weekend (keeping the photo current) will be the same as every weekend over the next several months, filled with U-12 soccer. My son is a goalkeeper, so when his team is playing well there are few action shots of him to photograph.post #73 of 22119/20/12 at 7:15am
I hoped to get back to UT in time for the color change. Instead I got back to a valley filled with smoke from fires to the north. Yesterday began to clear a little, so I got out for a ride in the hills:
JFpost #74 of 22119/20/12 at 3:21pmThread Starterpost #75 of 22119/20/12 at 5:34pmpost #76 of 22119/20/12 at 7:02pmQuote:
Jim, how much post processing in the vibrance and saturation of this?post #77 of 22119/20/12 at 8:43pmQuote:
My little camera has a "super vivid" setting. I actually back off the saturation a bit & turn up the contrast slightly in post processing. With that said, this is pretty close to what it looks like live.
JFpost #78 of 22119/21/12 at 6:55amThread Starterpost #79 of 22119/21/12 at 10:30ampost #80 of 22119/21/12 at 10:34ampost #81 of 22119/21/12 at 12:02pmpost #82 of 22119/21/12 at 3:19pm
I'm counting at least three fouls in that photo!post #83 of 22119/21/12 at 4:42pm
Some will get bigger if you click on them.
This Osprey was taken from a sea kayak, summer of 2011.
Johnstone Strait, between northern Vancouver Island and the British Columbia mainlaind, end of August, 2011.
Near Comox estuary, Vancouver Island, July 2012
Near Comox estuary, Vancouver Island, July 2012
Caribou from the world's southernmost herd, Kootenay Pass, British Columbia, Canada, October 2011
There are more where those came from...post #84 of 22119/22/12 at 7:03am
This one makes me yearn for winter a little bit more than I already was.
How am I supposed to pick from Space Shuttles, bald eagles, snow shots...........for the feature photo........
You guys are making this difficult.
What an incredible bunch of photos.post #85 of 22119/22/12 at 7:20ampost #86 of 22119/22/12 at 9:16amQuote:
Spent a lot of years stomping around N. Idaho region and never did see any woodland caribou. It is one that has been on the
watch for list for many years and still is.post #87 of 22119/22/12 at 9:41ampost #88 of 22119/22/12 at 10:08pm
This game Max played first time without the overweight stripe. He was allowed to carry the ball and plowed his way through the plugged line for whooping 1 yard :) Needless to say we won that game 38-14 but his biggest plays were still on the O-Line and Mike sides.post #89 of 22119/23/12 at 3:24pm
The smoke has finally cleared & the clouds are rolling in. The reds of autumn are still going off, & the yellows are just beginning. Seasons are a changin'!
Here is a panorama from South Skyline (Part of the Wasatch Crest & Great Western) trail today:
How do we post the pictures bigger? I had to stretch this one. It looks better when you click on it?
JFpost #90 of 22119/23/12 at 3:29pmQuote:
When the picture is uploaded but the post is not submitted yet right-click on the picture and choose "Image settings" (or properties). Then specify the desired width/height in pixels (only width might be enough as it recognizes the aspect ratio). Not sure if the panoramas will do any better though - AR is very high...Return HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › need help finding a racesuit 3 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 10 minutes ago
- › Holiday Valley, Seven Springs, Snowshoe, Bristol Lets Meetup! 12 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 20 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 26 minutes ago
- › Vail to buy Whistler/Blackcomb 28 minutes ago
- › Am I nuts to book airfare to Zermatt (Zurich) now for mid-January... 28 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 31 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 56 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer