- 4,991 Posts. Joined 7/2002
- Location: NOVA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 10/15/16 at 7:47pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 16post #451 of 22114/26/13 at 6:23amOriginally Posted by stevez33 - view from my room in Positano Italy on Sunday!!! Nice shot. Looks like some steep ski lines there if they got some snow:-) My sister and her husband recently spent three years in nearby Naples. I regret not getting over to visit, but all my travel budget went for domestic ski trips (and putting kids through college).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 22114/27/13 at 8:48pm
The locals actually said the tops of those mountains do get some slush/ice once and awhile in the winter. After i left there i had a connection in munich and flew over the alps on a crystal clear day needless to say i was drooling.post #453 of 22114/27/13 at 9:10pmpost #454 of 22114/30/13 at 7:37amThread Starterpost #455 of 22114/30/13 at 7:12pmpost #456 of 22114/30/13 at 8:59pm
Was in a small community called El Castillo up on Lake Arenal today.
Arenal Volcano from down on Lake Arenal.
Cool dead tree with its root system exposed.
Snake handler: "You can climb in with the Burmese Python if you want."
Who needs bridges?post #457 of 22115/2/13 at 4:39pmpost #458 of 22115/2/13 at 5:00pmpost #459 of 22115/3/13 at 3:47am
Look Nice. I am always curious whats it like to be down in that area on the street. What would it really be like to live there?
I have been in places that looked like this from a distance, but when spending a period of time in it, not so muchpost #460 of 22115/3/13 at 10:10pm
My older son wanted to enter a middle school photo contest in the "abstract" (whatever that means) division, and decided to try steel wool photography this evening after seeing some guy do it on YouTube. I didn't think it was safe for him to stand under burning steel wool (we placed the steel wool into a kitchen whip tied to rope) so I dressed in black and acted as the Guinea pig. He set the camera on a tripod, framed the photo, set the camera to a 30 second exposure. manually focused on me and pushed the button after I lit the steel wool using a 9V battery. The effect wasn't as dramatic as I wanted, but he likes it and it was a fun project. He wants to do it again, so we are looking for a better venue. We will use much more steel wool for our second attempt at this. You can find better examples of this technique GOOGLEing "steel wool photography." Regardless, we had fun tonight with out first attempt at it.post #461 of 22115/4/13 at 8:14ampost #462 of 22115/7/13 at 7:46pmThread Starterpost #463 of 22115/7/13 at 11:28pmpost #464 of 22115/8/13 at 6:11ampost #465 of 22115/12/13 at 1:14ampost #466 of 22115/12/13 at 6:32amQuote:
Beautiful! She appears to be wooden. If so, I'm amazed you have any time to ski!
I really appreciate guys who keep up wooden boats. That way I can enjoy them without all of the work.post #467 of 22115/12/13 at 1:31pm
She's wooden indeed.
Oregon pine on oak, everything from the dollboard and up is mahogany, teak deck. I just bought her a week ago, but I've known her since she came to my island in '74 and have had many epic cruises onboard.
Bought her from my best friend, he hasn't got time to either use or keep her. Extensive sail wardrobe, pressurised hot and cold water, shower etc, very luxurious for an old motor-sailer. In the off-season I work as a sail trainer so I get more than my fair share of sailing/boating.post #468 of 22115/12/13 at 3:52pmpost #469 of 22115/12/13 at 4:59pmpost #470 of 22115/13/13 at 11:38am
The results were much better the second time with the steel wool experiment. My son did the photo work while I doubled the steel wool and walked across the blacktop. 30 sec. at f/8, ISO 100. We'll have to try this on ice or snow with stars in the background, perhaps adding a star trail.post #471 of 22115/16/13 at 8:52ampost #472 of 22115/17/13 at 7:35pmThread Starterpost #473 of 22115/17/13 at 8:07pmpost #474 of 22115/18/13 at 2:12pm
Jefferson Memorial, Washington DC, photo taken May 13, 2013, statue of Thomas Jefferson in center. Note, rare sight of recently erected scaffolding completely covering the Washington Monument on right. It's been closed and under repair since Aug 2011 when a magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck the region and caused cracks in the world's tallest stone structure. Epicenter of the quake was about 60 miles southwest of DC.post #475 of 22115/18/13 at 2:17pmpost #476 of 22115/19/13 at 6:58pmpost #477 of 22115/21/13 at 7:30amThread Starterpost #478 of 22115/21/13 at 11:46ampost #479 of 22115/22/13 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesj
Jefferson Memorial, Washington DC, photo taken May 13, 2013, statue of Thomas Jefferson in center. Note, rare sight of recently erected scaffolding completely covering the Washington Monument on right. It's been closed and under repair since Aug 2011 when a magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck the region and caused cracks in the world's tallest stone structure. Epicenter of the quake was about 60 miles southwest of DC.
I lived in DC a bit. The Jefferson Memorial is one of the better Memorial but its out of the way often passed up by visitors. Visitors seem to head to the Lincoln Memorial. Personally I like the Jefferson. When my son was 12 we hiked over and sat on the floor of the Jefferson just to read the walls. Another place I recommend is the FBI building which is very busy. Ipost #480 of 22115/22/13 at 8:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by catskills
I lived in DC a bit. The Jefferson Memorial is one of the better Memorial but its out of the way often passed up by visitors. Visitors seem to head to the Lincoln Memorial. Personally I like the Jefferson. When my son was 12 we hiked over and sat on the floor of the Jefferson just to read the walls. Another place I recommend is the FBI building which is very busy. I just got taken out by a drone for talking about the FBI Building?Return HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › Montage Mountain, PA — 2016 JAN 25 — GreyPilgrim 2 minutes ago
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 55 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Whistler/Blackcomb 2017 Roll Call 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › EpicSki is not down - Comcast major DNS outage 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer