Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on Yesterday at 1:08 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 15post #421 of 22154/13/13 at 5:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 22154/13/13 at 4:32pmpost #423 of 22154/13/13 at 7:11pmpost #424 of 22154/13/13 at 7:17pmpost #425 of 22154/14/13 at 8:54pmpost #426 of 22154/15/13 at 4:08ampost #427 of 22154/17/13 at 2:34pm
Took my snow tires off last week before trekking out to CA. Watched it snow hard Monday night, but couldn't get up the passes Tuesday because of chain requirements.
Luckily it stayed cold & I was able to skin up for a few laps this morning:
JFpost #428 of 22154/17/13 at 2:36pmpost #429 of 22154/18/13 at 3:41ampost #430 of 22154/18/13 at 7:45ampost #431 of 22154/18/13 at 12:41pmpost #432 of 22154/18/13 at 5:20pmpost #433 of 22154/19/13 at 9:28ampost #434 of 22154/19/13 at 3:58pmQuote:
I tried skiing with two monoskis some weeks ago, knowing it wasn't a great idea.. Maybe two snowboards is an even worse onepost #435 of 22154/19/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
You need to take video of this - that sounds awesome in a goofy kind of way. Someone at the Squaw pond skim last year did the two snowboards method and it was pretty hilarious.post #436 of 22154/19/13 at 4:22pmpost #437 of 22154/21/13 at 11:19pmpost #438 of 22154/21/13 at 11:33pm
These were taken late winter/early spring 2013 at Cypress Mountain, one of our 3 beautiful ski areas in the city of Vancouver. We can get here in about 1/2 hour from our house. All 3 local mountains have night skiing and views for the city from up top. It is quite spectacular. The local mountains help satisfy the need to ski when you can't get up to Whistler. I mean, sometimes you just can't fit that 2 hour drive to Whistler in!post #439 of 22154/22/13 at 7:03pmpost #440 of 22154/22/13 at 7:51pmpost #441 of 22154/22/13 at 10:31pm
Yes, they did. The whole mountain got nicely upgraded for the year of the Olympics. It's a great place to ski when you want low key and easy to get to. You can get out of your car and ski. Whistler is a much bigger ordeal. I like going to Cypress with my kids. They are very comfortable there.post #442 of 22154/22/13 at 10:39pmWhat a blast having a great area 30 min from a major city!post #443 of 22154/23/13 at 10:22ampost #444 of 22154/23/13 at 10:30ampost #445 of 22154/23/13 at 11:33ampost #446 of 22154/23/13 at 9:02pmpost #447 of 22154/24/13 at 9:24ampost #448 of 22154/24/13 at 9:43ampost #449 of 22154/24/13 at 9:55amQuote:
On my second try I was able to make a couple half hearted spins. Here's the video it was shot from. BTW, we had the mountain to ourselves. The photo below is the main base area on closing day. There was enough snow to stay open another week but I guess everyone was on the golf courses and bike trails.Return HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › Basic entry level poles? 3 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 13 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 15 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 56 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Colorado Winter Driving...is AWD enough? 5 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer