Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 10/15/16 at 7:47pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 14post #391 of 22114/2/13 at 4:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #392 of 22114/2/13 at 4:31pmpost #393 of 22114/2/13 at 8:04pmpost #394 of 22114/2/13 at 8:28pm
Its one thing to see the photo, its another thing to be there and see it, and a whole new game to see the up close pitch. Crazy how the eye and lens can change perspective.post #395 of 22114/3/13 at 4:39ampost #396 of 22114/3/13 at 5:00ampost #397 of 22114/3/13 at 5:04ampost #398 of 22114/3/13 at 4:26pmpost #399 of 22114/3/13 at 5:22pmpost #400 of 22114/3/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
"Big Ice Cream cone" I like it :) . That was shot with the fish eye setting. Here is a more realistic rendition:
We went up & skied it right after I took the photos, it was super stable except for a bit of sloughing on the steeper parts.
JFpost #401 of 22114/4/13 at 12:31pmThread Starterpost #402 of 22114/4/13 at 2:38pmpost #403 of 22114/4/13 at 2:41pm
Is your camera on the "Positive" film setting or something? I know I had one Canon where that was the best setting and then the next Canon I got the pictures were really blue. Seems to be a trend with your pictures.post #404 of 22114/4/13 at 2:49pmQuote:
Yea, most of my pictures are taken with it set on the "Super Vivid" setting. It seems to have the best resolution. I have been trying to edit some of the saturation out, but that seems to enhance the blue .
JFpost #405 of 22114/4/13 at 2:57pm
You can't just dial down "Saturation"?
"Smart Enhance" in PSP:
Got a similar result just dialing back Saturation about -6 and also with using the White Balance adjustment, clicking on the snow to say "This is white".
Looks like fun for someone other than myself. I'd obsess about falling in a hole or hitting a rock.post #406 of 22114/4/13 at 3:01pmQuote:
Thanks, I like that better. At least there is some contrast with the skyline. The light was getting pretty flat.post #407 of 22114/4/13 at 4:42pmThread Starter
what are you using to edit?
Snow has so much blue in it, it can be hard to get it white without looking blue or grey... I use LR 3 and it's pretty easy to dial in the blue channel via saturation and luminance. LR4 does a great job with snow. Warming it up a bit can help with the cyan cast as well.
You're skiing some nice lines these days and your comps are great.
been waiting for a previous generation double cab Tundra with low miles for a while. Got myself on a list at the Toyota dealers within a hundred mile radius to call me when one came in. picked this up just a couple of weeks ago... 73000 miles and clean as a whistle.
They sweetened the deal with the topper and a 5 year factory warranty. Stoked!post #408 of 22114/5/13 at 2:04am
Retroday - yours truly in the fartbag. Monoskiing is still very fun. I took classes in Chamonix 28 years ago. The first run every year is a bit scary, but after that it's pure bliss. All I miss in my quiver is a shaped mono.post #409 of 22114/5/13 at 5:18pm
I am just using an old, old version of Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I hope to look into some better software when I get more time.
Today was my last day in BC:
JFpost #410 of 22114/5/13 at 5:20pmpost #411 of 22114/5/13 at 8:11pmpost #412 of 22114/5/13 at 10:20pmQuote:
Give it a blue sky:post #413 of 22114/8/13 at 11:33ampost #414 of 22114/8/13 at 1:47pm
Foreground is a bit of Mt. Bachelor (which I was standing on to take the shot), South, Central, and North Sisters, and Broken Top in the middle distance, between the Sisters and Broken Top is (I think) Mt. Jefferson, far out and to the right of Broken Top is Mt. Hood and a bit farther to the right (if you have good eyes and a large screen) is Mt. Adams. I took this shot last Wednesday.
Edited by Posaune - 4/8/13 at 4:31pmpost #415 of 22114/8/13 at 3:58pmpost #416 of 22114/9/13 at 1:06pmThread Starterpost #417 of 22114/10/13 at 9:23ampost #418 of 22114/10/13 at 9:52ampost #419 of 22114/11/13 at 7:15ampost #420 of 22114/12/13 at 6:40am
Continuing the volcano theme, photo taken from nearly 10,000 feet at summit of Volcan San Pedro on Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, looking east at the tops of some of the other volcanoes in the range, Atitlan, Toliman, and Fuego. Terrible skiing, but incredible mountains nevertheless.Return HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › FS - Nordica El Capo Skis - 185-cm 7 minutes ago
- › Seeing the whole picture 10 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 16 minutes ago
- › Ski Pole length question? along with decision on what ones to buy 16 minutes ago
- › Terrain Based Instruction for Beginners - Is it new? Why is it... 29 minutes ago
- › Volkl V-Werks CODE UVO - how stiff? 51 minutes ago
- › Anybody wearing hip protection 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...