- 4,188 Posts. Joined 8/2004
- Location: N. Lake Tahoe, NV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on Yesterday at 1:08 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 65post #1921 of 22157/21/15 at 5:36pmYeah, but Berners dont need college funds!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1922 of 22157/21/15 at 7:22pm
Adding to the Milky Way photos...
You don't need to go 88 to time travel here.
Taken by me during the Grand Canyon Start party. As a volunteer there, I have given history of the universe tours every June for the last eight years.
Edited by Spooky - 7/23/15 at 4:16pmpost #1923 of 22157/23/15 at 12:57amQuote:Originally Posted by bounceswoosh
@patmoore - is there any way for me to get a full-sized version of that photo with the red building? It wants to live on my desktop, I'm sure of it.
Absolutely. Send me your email through Private Messages and I'll send it to you. I'm in the UK for a couple weeks but can retrieve it through Carbonite.post #1924 of 22157/23/15 at 12:48pmpost #1925 of 22157/24/15 at 12:32am
Cardrona Ski Resort at Sunrise, near Wanaka, New Zealand. Looking up at the Whitestar Express lift, Antler's Alley & Big Bucks Terrain Park, where the FIS Continental Cup Slopestyle will be this weekendpost #1926 of 22157/25/15 at 12:47pmpost #1927 of 22157/26/15 at 9:26pmpost #1928 of 22157/27/15 at 5:48pmpost #1929 of 22157/27/15 at 7:09pmThread Starterpost #1930 of 22157/28/15 at 5:58pm
Took a hike today in the Mt. Baker Wilderness where we went to Ptarmigan Ridge.
Mt. Baker played peek-a-boo (peak-a-boo?) with us all day.
As we crested the ridge we were rewarded with a grand view of the North Cascades. This is just a small piece of the 360 degree panorama.post #1931 of 22157/30/15 at 11:25ampost #1932 of 22157/30/15 at 12:28pm
Cacapon Mtn at Cacapon State Park, Berkeley Springs, WV - views of Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia
Prospect Peak, Berkeley Springs, WV. Views of the Potomac River, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvaniapost #1933 of 22157/30/15 at 6:45pm
Atop a bone dry Mt. Diablo. On a clear day you can see 200 miles (including the Sierras), but not on this hazy day. The grass is so dry it almost disintegrates when walking on it.post #1934 of 22157/31/15 at 10:58amQuote:
Nice pic. I've ridden my bike from there into Clayton many times. Sorry to see it so dry. We went 50 weeks without rain here a few years ago. Draught for 5 years. With cattle and llamas suffering in it. This year we are double our average rainfall, the lake is up 25+ feet and our fruit trees are bearing fruit for the first time. It will rain and snow again. Hang in there.post #1935 of 22158/2/15 at 1:36pmpost #1936 of 22158/2/15 at 8:58pmpost #1937 of 22158/3/15 at 4:11pm
Had a nice hike at Heavenly today, picking up the Tahoe Rim Trail near Stagecoach as per 4ster's suggestion a while back. This is where the trail rounds a bend with a nice view up into Mott Canyon - pretty sure that's Monument Peak in background top left...
Reservoir pond at East Peak Lodge, Little Dipper and Comet runs in the background...
Looking northeast out into Nevada...post #1938 of 22158/3/15 at 4:23pm^^^ I've pretty much fallen in love with hiking ski resorts in summer. They have awesome terrain, some 'rest-stop' infrastructure as well as places to shelter if the weather turns suddenly, and are usually both deserted and devoid of buttheadedry such as target shooting with semi-automatic weapons.post #1939 of 22158/3/15 at 4:31pmQuote:
I'm gonna try not to take that personal cuz you're such a nice guy! lolpost #1940 of 22158/9/15 at 7:40pmpost #1941 of 22158/11/15 at 5:02pmpost #1942 of 22158/13/15 at 5:30pmQuote:
Perfect.post #1943 of 22158/16/15 at 10:19pmpost #1944 of 22158/16/15 at 10:21pmpost #1945 of 22158/17/15 at 7:32ampost #1946 of 22158/17/15 at 10:48ampost #1947 of 22158/19/15 at 7:47ampost #1948 of 22158/19/15 at 11:41ampost #1949 of 22158/19/15 at 11:52amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › CO Man ordered to pay $260,000 in damages from skiing accident 2 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 5 minutes ago
- › How do I know if my ski binding position is in the proper place for... 13 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 14 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 20 minutes ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 21 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 25 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer