@NayBreak we really need to see the next 3 seconds of this endeavor
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on Yesterday at 4:22 am in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 57post #1681 of 22152/24/15 at 6:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1682 of 22152/24/15 at 6:30pmpost #1683 of 22152/24/15 at 11:00pmpost #1684 of 22152/24/15 at 11:03pmpost #1685 of 22152/25/15 at 10:03ampost #1686 of 22152/27/15 at 8:31ampost #1687 of 22152/27/15 at 9:18am
MDF and I skied Alta yesterday on our way up to Jackson. I have a friend from high school working there who was kind enough to show us around. First day using my new camera pack got a couple good shots.post #1688 of 22152/27/15 at 6:12pmpost #1689 of 22152/27/15 at 7:25pmpost #1690 of 22152/27/15 at 8:03pm
Monday at Lake Louise. The castle is in the middle of an ice rink on the lake right in front of the Fairmont Chateau. There was a full sized pickup and a zamboni parked on the ice as well. It was pretty thick.post #1691 of 22152/28/15 at 11:32ampost #1692 of 22153/1/15 at 1:16pmpost #1693 of 22153/1/15 at 5:23pmpost #1694 of 22153/1/15 at 5:31pmpost #1695 of 22153/1/15 at 8:41pmpost #1696 of 22153/2/15 at 1:45ampost #1697 of 22153/2/15 at 3:32pmpost #1698 of 22153/2/15 at 3:35pmpost #1699 of 22153/3/15 at 12:43am
That would be probably my photo of the season, not just of the day :) Last weekend in Garmisch for men WC races, I had colleague shoot "standard" stuff, so I had free hands to do some a bit different stuff. Instead of going on course during last DH training, I climbed few B-nets to get out of course, then crawl for some 20mins through waist deep powder (yeah it felt really stupid to be on race skis while powder skis were in my car on press parking), to get to edge of the cliff, hanging over turn just before they entered Troglhang. And for me, these are pretty much best photos I have shoot through this season, even though they are not standard downhill photos.post #1700 of 22153/3/15 at 4:32ampost #1701 of 22153/4/15 at 3:12pm
Snowbasin 3/4/15. Hubby had the powder flu today.
ETA yes, @4ster Middle Bowl Cirque He also did Lone Tree and Sisters and God knows what else. Hit a few off JP, saw the medivac and was informed of the avy death, too :( They closed Sisters shortly after he skied it.
Edited by contesstant - 3/4/15 at 3:22pmpost #1702 of 22153/4/15 at 6:52pmpost #1703 of 22153/5/15 at 10:00ampost #1704 of 22153/5/15 at 11:16ampost #1705 of 22153/5/15 at 1:04pm
I spent yesterday on an all day photo and video shoot with SKILOGIK ambassador Dave Rosen and Epicski veteran Jim Forster. With the help of the kind folks at POWDER MOUNTAIN we were able to get numerous runs through untracked powder. Both athletes lost their skis at some point during the day and had the hardest time finding their skis in the waist to chest deep powder on the wind-filled north slopes...definitely a first world problem! Overall, it was the best day I've skied here in Northern Utah this season and I hope we get a few more before Spring gets here.
-- Chris Morgan / www.twosherpas.com / Instagram: @chris_twosherpas)
Dave Rosen charging on his SKILOGIK Howitzers through pristine pow (Instagram: @daverosen1)
Jim Forster on our first run below James Peak. Jim was also skiing on SKILOGIK Howitzers.post #1706 of 22153/5/15 at 8:57pmThread Starter
The last couple days I've been trying my hand at the Brenizer method of photography. Quickly from wikipedia: The Brenizer method is a photographic technique developed by wedding photographer Ryan Brenizer. It allows for the creation of an image exhibiting a shallow depth of field in tandem with a wide angle view by use of panoramic stitching techniques.
The first try was with my pick-up at a trailhead near the lower treeline (it's a desert lower than this) after some zero visibility skiing with the dogs in the Rose backcountry. You can see Esme-lou peering up from the back wondering what the hell it is I'm doing.
35+ photos (I can't remember exactly) stitched. 85mm (on a cropper) @ f/2.2. 95MB's (something like this could print BIG)
The next one is a selfie. This isn't the perfect comp for the technique, but I wanted to try to put a person in the photo.
16 frames. Once again 85mm, but f/2.8 this time. 45MB'spost #1707 of 22153/5/15 at 9:02pmQuote:
Nicely done. Out of curiosity, what are you using to stitch? Just Photoshop? Or something like Autopano Pro or even PTGui?post #1708 of 22153/5/15 at 9:38pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks. These are done through Photoshop. I tend to overlap the photos quite a bit which usually gives me a pretty good blend.post #1709 of 22153/7/15 at 11:56pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 2 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 10 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 16 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 18 minutes ago
- › Montage Mountain, PA — 2016 JAN 25 — GreyPilgrim 19 minutes ago
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 30 minutes ago
- › Cross country skiing, colorful (base layer) clothing 38 minutes ago
- › The Sugarloaf (MI) saga continues 41 minutes ago
- › FS: NIW FISCHER HYBRID 10.0 SKIS 189CM 43 minutes ago
- › Advice on building a quiver 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer