Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on Yesterday at 4:22 am in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 54
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 22151/15/15 at 5:28pm
Things are so dry I had to water the shrubs and perennials this evening to keep them going. It used to be that no watering was required from Oct. - April. I haven't gone skiing in a while, waiting for more moisture. I did find a couple of things still flowering:post #1593 of 22151/16/15 at 5:07ampost #1594 of 22151/16/15 at 11:22ampost #1595 of 22151/16/15 at 2:37pmThread Starter
Sorry I haven't been to active on this thread recently. Truthfully, I haven't played with my camera as much as I'd like. I have been snowboarding a fair amount but there's only been four days on the skintrack, none of which I had my camera. And lift-riding on 36 inches of base doesn't inspire photography. I have to say, Mt. Rose has done a great job keeping surface conditions pretty damn fun. It's also been a good opportunity to get the little grom on some skis.
The only thing I have shot recently is the grom...
Today though, Rose was on wind-hold. And the dude was at pre-school. So I took the dogs down to the lake to stretch all of our legs. The zone between Chimney Beach and Whale Beach has multiple hiking trails to link up and is pretty quiet in the winter.
This is a view I've posted, but I had my camera for once and took a photo (9 actually)
9 frames, portrait-orientation, stitched into a pano. Of course you lose resolution when it downsizes to something viewable on a computer screen, but this should print laser sharp at 6x2.25 feet. The goal is 4 aluminum sheets mounted on a an old barn door.
Edited by splitter - 1/16/15 at 6:40pmpost #1596 of 22151/16/15 at 2:49pm
I can't reply to the questions in the feedback, but yes, it's looking south from Dobbs Ferry, NY to the George Washington Bridge and the Manhattan skyline, with a Metro-North commuter train going by. Resolution kind of sucks on the uploaded file, though.post #1597 of 22151/18/15 at 5:13pmpost #1598 of 22151/23/15 at 10:21ampost #1599 of 22151/23/15 at 12:58pm
Why yes there is. Mostly man made this winter very good grooming. 2 old double chairs, maybe 350' vertical. Have not seen a bump on the hill. Huff Hills is a nice little mid-western local ski area.post #1600 of 22151/23/15 at 6:53pmpost #1601 of 22151/24/15 at 6:17pmpost #1602 of 22151/24/15 at 6:37pmpost #1603 of 22151/24/15 at 6:49pmpost #1604 of 22151/25/15 at 6:20pmpost #1605 of 22151/27/15 at 12:33ampost #1606 of 22151/27/15 at 6:59ampost #1607 of 22151/27/15 at 12:02pmpost #1608 of 22151/27/15 at 1:32pmpost #1609 of 22151/27/15 at 8:24pmpost #1610 of 22151/28/15 at 1:01pmpost #1611 of 22151/29/15 at 2:01pmpost #1612 of 22151/29/15 at 7:53pmpost #1613 of 22151/29/15 at 8:11pmpost #1614 of 22151/30/15 at 10:34pmpost #1615 of 22151/30/15 at 10:42pmpost #1616 of 22152/1/15 at 12:58pmpost #1617 of 22152/1/15 at 1:29pmpost #1618 of 22152/2/15 at 1:35amThe top pic (yellow jacket is at Furano, Hokkaido a few years ago.
2,3,4 were taken at Rusutsu last Jan. I don't know why that chair wasn't running. Maybe they use it later in the season when the snow depth decreases.??
The last pic was taken a couple of weeks ago at Myoko Kogen, Nagano, Honshu.
Cheerspost #1619 of 22152/2/15 at 7:49pm
New York pow! Chippewa Glades, Belleayre Mountain.
Gambled and stayed overnight in the Catskills Sunday, taking Monday off from work and hoping my daughter had a school snow day. Had hoped to get a "Powder Daize" opening at Plattekill, but they were closed for a private event. Patty is usually only open on weekends, but opens during the week if a foot or more of snow falls. Belleayre was surprisingly crowded Super Bowl Sunday, but an absolute dream today. Best conditions I've ever skied in New York. Champaign Powder (or perhaps Finger Lakes Sparkling Wine Powder).Return HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 48 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 5 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 5 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 5 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer