Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 10/23/16 at 4:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 40post #1171 of 22153/12/14 at 10:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1172 of 22153/12/14 at 11:16ampost #1173 of 22153/12/14 at 2:55pmpost #1174 of 22153/12/14 at 4:15pmpost #1175 of 22153/12/14 at 5:18pmpost #1176 of 22153/12/14 at 5:35pmpost #1177 of 22153/12/14 at 9:30pmpost #1178 of 22153/13/14 at 5:41ampost #1179 of 22153/13/14 at 6:11ampost #1180 of 22153/13/14 at 6:39ampost #1181 of 22153/13/14 at 7:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Cirquerider
@gregmerz that pic looks very familiar old-school to me. Ski patrol retro day?
Close but no. Throwback shot from a ski area in the St. Croix river valley which we still ski. Lots of thoughts on old gear, the skier on the right might be wearing a pair of the old Oneill neoprene ski pants.post #1182 of 22153/13/14 at 7:21am
A friend took a few photos of me. They are here in the form of a slideshow. http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/clpdx0wL/1/6450793 Once at the site, click the "Start Slideshow" button, then go full screen.
Edited by Jacques - 3/13/14 at 8:11ampost #1183 of 22153/13/14 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by gregmerz
Quote:Originally Posted by Cirquerider
@gregmerz that pic looks very familiar old-school to me. Ski patrol retro day?
Close but no. Throwback shot from a ski area in the St. Croix river valley which we still ski. Lots of thoughts on old gear, the skier on the right might be wearing a pair of the old Oneill neoprene ski pants.
The photo threw me off because the skier on the left is wearing a helmet. Not something seen much at all in those days.post #1184 of 22153/13/14 at 8:12amQuote:
I looked too and it's hard to tell if it's a helmet or a white hat with a ball on top like the skier on the right.post #1185 of 22153/14/14 at 1:37pmpost #1186 of 22153/16/14 at 12:37pmpost #1187 of 22153/16/14 at 2:43pm
Yes it is true, the backcountry access gate into Bear Creek is now open.
Big mountain patrolled terrain on the right side of the ridge, wild avvy slopes with big drops and deep shots beyond the gate. Just know the exit or an epic day will become truly epic as you traverse scary cliffs all the way around to the lone chute that gets you down.post #1188 of 22153/16/14 at 5:46pm
It is that time of year when the perennials and some annuals that survived the frost have come back, meaning there is one month left to ski. I wish the ski season were longer...
Begonias taken with a $5 reversing ring and a $40 manual 50mm f1.7 lens I got off ebay:
Edited by quant2325 - 3/16/14 at 10:34pmpost #1189 of 22153/16/14 at 5:48pmpost #1190 of 22153/16/14 at 5:49pmpost #1191 of 22153/17/14 at 6:29pm
So, these were not today but recent. I was out with a videographer a couple of days last week & here are a few outtakes from the footage to keep us all in a skiing mood:
Hopefully he will let me have some of the footage he doesn't use & I can put together a little video clip at some point.post #1192 of 22153/19/14 at 8:01pmpost #1193 of 22153/23/14 at 8:49pmThread Starter
haven't posted much on this thread in a while… not a whole lot of stuff to shoot...
I'm putting together an upcoming show so I'm going through some old files, re-processing and finding things I might have missed. Here's a couple.post #1194 of 22153/27/14 at 10:37am
Two weeks ago in Breckenridge - probably the best combination of new snow, sun and no wind that we've ever had.
Edited by MidwestPete - 3/27/14 at 12:34pmpost #1195 of 22153/31/14 at 6:30amThread Starterpost #1196 of 22154/1/14 at 5:56pmThread Starterpost #1197 of 22154/3/14 at 6:46amThread Starter
didn't haul the big ol' camera up the skinner this time… but after 4 days of the best skiing we've had in Tahoe, including the dog touring photo above and two days of lift-riding windbuff while storming and breaks in the truckbed (avoiding that whole brown-bagger thing) the clouds parted for a brief moment this morning allowing terrific pow laps on my "home mountain"post #1198 of 22154/3/14 at 8:37am
The ski season may have ended for me a couple of days ago (usually it happens during the Masters). Due to one of the kids acting professionally, it is harder to travel from home. The local bees, which are not aggressive, have come back in force this year and are doing their thing with the lavender. Yippee! The news of their demise is greatly exaggerated.
Everything shot with a 1970's era Pentax 100mm f/4 manual macro I got off ebay a few days ago for bupkis. It is sharp with decent contrast and good bokeh, but the focusing is a PITA for moving objects. Cheap manual lenses are fun, costing only 1/3 to 1/5 of the automatic lenses.
Edited by quant2325 - 4/3/14 at 9:00ampost #1199 of 22154/3/14 at 6:38pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 4 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 23 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 27 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 39 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Terrain Based Instruction for Beginners - Is it new? Why is it... 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › ski signs trail marking 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer