Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- April 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 4/30/16 at 9:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- December 2015 Image of the Month Last post on 12/25/15 at 4:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- October 2016 Image of the Month Contest Last post on 10/23/16 at 4:22am in General Skiing Discussion
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
- How To Make Photomontages By Bob BarnesLast edited: 12/15/12
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Epicski Image Album TutorialLast edited: 4/28/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Picture of the day... - Page 35post #1021 of 221512/20/13 at 11:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1022 of 221512/20/13 at 5:13pmpost #1023 of 221512/20/13 at 6:11pmpost #1024 of 221512/20/13 at 8:27pmpost #1025 of 221512/20/13 at 8:38pmpost #1026 of 221512/21/13 at 4:58ampost #1027 of 221512/21/13 at 5:04ampost #1028 of 221512/21/13 at 5:30ampost #1029 of 221512/21/13 at 5:39ampost #1030 of 221512/21/13 at 8:54ampost #1031 of 221512/21/13 at 9:10amQuote:
Mine is more of an envious green.
That looks like a GREAT DAY!post #1032 of 221512/23/13 at 4:43pmpost #1033 of 221512/25/13 at 1:40pm
A so-called "intermediate" run at Whitewater:
Really. This is labelled with a blue square.
The snow was actually pretty nice, despite the appearance here, but I think most intermediates would find this just a bit intimidating. Also, remember that looking up from the bottom tends to flatten out a slope.post #1034 of 221512/25/13 at 2:01pm
More Whitewater from Christmas Eve day, 2013:
Looking down the access road valley from the top of the Glory triple chair:
Some of the rocks at Whitewater will need a little more snow to cover them. That's my wife, Susan.
Susan taking a photo looking straight up a tree. The snow was really pretty good with a claimed base of about 56".post #1035 of 221512/25/13 at 2:51pmpost #1036 of 221512/25/13 at 5:18pmpost #1037 of 221512/27/13 at 9:01pmpost #1038 of 221512/28/13 at 6:15ampost #1039 of 221512/30/13 at 11:24ampost #1040 of 221512/31/13 at 10:45ampost #1041 of 221512/31/13 at 4:23pm
Borrowed from @ScotsSkier in the Tahoe Stoke Thread. Mt. Rose Early Load 7:00 AM. . Happy New Year!
Photo copyright scottsady/tahoelight.com
Quote:Originally Posted by ScotsSkier
It's not all bad. Mt rose has been farming and looking after the snow pretty well
7.00am early load today!
Edited by Cirquerider - 12/31/13 at 4:35pmpost #1042 of 22151/2/14 at 8:25pmpost #1043 of 22151/3/14 at 1:42ampost #1044 of 22151/3/14 at 1:43ampost #1045 of 22151/3/14 at 9:18pm
Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, NY
Not quite as much snow as the hysterical news machine predicted, but fun nevertheless. Park was surprisingly empty, despite bluebird skies and City school snow day. Dire warnings of cold temps must have kept people inside. I was working up a sweat and shedding layers, however.post #1046 of 22151/6/14 at 7:57ampost #1047 of 22151/7/14 at 3:40pm
No new snow at Heavenly in a good while, just man-made to keep things going. And thank goodness for that!
I was on my SX:9's (65mm underfoot), which for me was a good choice. Someone else had a different idea. ;-)post #1048 of 22151/7/14 at 4:51pmpost #1049 of 22151/7/14 at 6:19pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Picture of the day...
- Crudology By Bob Barnes
- › JH vs Keystone 6 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 10 minutes ago
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 14 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 15 minutes ago
- › Where HAVE you skied? 21 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 25 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 25 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 26 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 28 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 38 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer