or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › LA Times: "Paul Ryan is VP pick -- but he was almost a pro skier"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LA Times: "Paul Ryan is VP pick -- but he was almost a pro skier" - Page 2

post #31 of 39

If he's a skier then he better come down on the snow-friendly side of climate change.  I don't care if it's human-caused or a natural cycle...if it means less snow then we gotta do something!  And by we I mean you...I ain't doin anything.

post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abox View Post

If he's a skier then he better come down on the snow-friendly side of climate change.  I don't care if it's human-caused or a natural cycle...if it means less snow then we gotta do something!  And by we I mean you...I ain't doin anything.

 

What if we reallocate the entire DoD budget into creating a device that can chill air and produce snow over a large area of land like say a ski resort. biggrin.gif

post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abox View Post

If he's a skier then he better come down on the snow-friendly side of climate change.  I don't care if it's human-caused or a natural cycle...if it means less snow then we gotta do something!  And by we I mean you...I ain't doin anything.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

 

What if we reallocate the entire DoD budget into creating a device that can chill air and produce snow over a large area of land like say a ski resort. biggrin.gif

The device is called a nuclear bomb (global winter). 

 

The Tea Party has been accused of ignoring science --global warming-- so I don't think Paul Ryan will come down on the "snow-friendly side of climate change" (not that the democrats are doing that much better).

post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by quant2325 View Post

 

The device is called a nuclear bomb (global winter). 

 

The Tea Party has been accused of ignoring science --global warming-- so I don't think Paul Ryan will come down on the "snow-friendly side of climate change" (not that the democrats are doing that much better).

 

Where's the fun in that?  And, what wax do you recommend?

 

post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

 

Where's the fun in that?  And, what wax do you recommend?

 

Major Kong (Slim Pickens) was having fun:

 

 

The "HI THERE!" on the bomb was written using a universal white hydrocarbon  wax (no fluoro).

post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by quant2325 View Post

 

The device is called a nuclear bomb (global winter). 

 

 

 

By golly I think you just provided the key to a giant international conspiracy. Iran doesn't want nuke's to attack Israel or the US, they want to host the Winter Olympics! 

post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

 

By golly I think you just provided the key to a giant international conspiracy. Iran doesn't want nuke's to attack Israel or the US, they want to host the Winter Olympics! 


icon14.gif

 

Why not?  Other than Lindsey Vonn and the rest of the women wouldn't be invitedrolleyes.gif

 

post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abox View Post

If he's a skier then he better come down on the snow-friendly side of climate change.  I don't care if it's human-caused or a natural cycle...if it means less snow then we gotta do something!  And by we I mean you...I ain't doin anything.

 

Uh... yeah, he's pretty much the exact opposite.  Thinks climate change is a myth / hoax.

post #39 of 39

Skiing guys. Let's drop the actual politics discussion from here on out (polito-skiing jokes are ok) unless you want the thread moved to P&HT. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › LA Times: "Paul Ryan is VP pick -- but he was almost a pro skier"