or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › Trekchick and Philpug: This Shotz Ski is for you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trekchick and Philpug: This Shotz Ski is for you - Page 2

post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
 

@tetonpwdrjunkie We'll be sure to bring a couple ShotzSkis to the JH Gathering this year.  Can we assume that there will be an opportunity to do a side by side test of these two versions? 

 

So, Trekchick....Since you're road-tripping to JH this year, have you considered the new Roadie? Lots easier to pack with you.

 

http://www.powder.com/gear/gear-locker/roadie-shot-ski-junk-trunk/

 

A shot ski built to go. PHOTO: Shotzski

 

We can pack 15 pair of skis in our Yakima Skybox along with a regular @Shotzski...if this fits on the overhead compartment of a plane...

post #32 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

 

We can pack 15 pair of skis in our Yakima Skybox along with a regular @Shotzski...if this fits on the overhead compartment of a plane...

 

I suppose it depends on the size of the ski, folded in half. Having said that; yes, I think it would work. I'd love to see the face of the TSA screening agent when it runs through the X-Ray. :cool

post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
 

 

I suppose it depends on the size of the ski, folded in half. Having said that; yes, I think it would work. I'd love to see the face of the TSA screening agent when it runs through the X-Ray. :cool

About 3 years ago, my buddy and I created a travel shot ski... in fact it was almost identical to the shotzski one, except ours was even more travel friendly because the shot glasses aren't affixed to the ski, so they can be stored in your luggage.  We brought it with us to Mexico and I had to carry it through customs... when asked what it was, I said 'esqui de agua' and anxiously awaited the green light.  I checked ours, didn't attempt carry on... we did attempt to bring it with us into a club in Playa, but we were denied because they thought it was a weapon.

post #34 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam View Post
 

About 3 years ago, my buddy and I created a travel shot ski... in fact it was almost identical to the shotzski one, except ours was even more travel friendly because the shot glasses aren't affixed to the ski, so they can be stored in your luggage.  We brought it with us to Mexico and I had to carry it through customs... when asked what it was, I said 'esqui de agua' and anxiously awaited the green light.  I checked ours, didn't attempt carry on... we did attempt to bring it with us into a club in Playa, but we were denied because they thought it was a weapon.

 

It would be funny to watch you trying to explain that. Actually, the Shotz Ski glasses aren't affixed, either. Those are releasable bindings the glass boots step in to. The bindings are what's attached to the ski. http://www.shotzski.com/

 

r-2-rs.jpg

post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
 

@tetonpwdrjunkie We'll be sure to bring a couple ShotzSkis to the JH Gathering this year.  Can we assume that there will be an opportunity to do a side by side test of these two versions? 

 

So, Trekchick....Since you're road-tripping to JH this year, have you considered the new Roadie? Lots easier to pack with you.

 

http://www.powder.com/gear/gear-locker/roadie-shot-ski-junk-trunk/

 

A shot ski built to go. PHOTO: Shotzski

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
 

 

I suppose it depends on the size of the ski, folded in half. Having said that; yes, I think it would work. I'd love to see the face of the TSA screening agent when it runs through the X-Ray. :cool

About 3 years ago, my buddy and I created a travel shot ski... in fact it was almost identical to the shotzski one, except ours was even more travel friendly because the shot glasses aren't affixed to the ski, so they can be stored in your luggage.  We brought it with us to Mexico and I had to carry it through customs... when asked what it was, I said 'esqui de agua' and anxiously awaited the green light.  I checked ours, didn't attempt carry on... we did attempt to bring it with us into a club in Playa, but we were denied because they thought it was a weapon.


While this is a great story and I love the creative attempt to take it to a club, the Shotz Ski is made with removable shot glass boots as Goldmember described in the post above.  Here is a video I did with the Evil Elf describing the Shotz Ski. 

post #36 of 37

Group Buy Potential???

post #37 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISfromRI View Post
 

Group Buy Potential???

 

Maybe. However, I saw the Evil Elf this weekend and he's buried with orders. He's expecting it to drop off after the holidays but wants it to so he can ski more. If the Inland NW doesn't start getting some snow, he might be interested in group sales. If we get snow, maybe not so much.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Après-Ski
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › Trekchick and Philpug: This Shotz Ski is for you