Recent Images In This Thread
- topicEpicSkitagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Ski Reviews, which are your favorite? Last post on 11/13/15 at 12:41pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Mountain News Corporation Welcomes EpicSki.com!! Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:22pm in Community Discussions & Forum News
- In Defense of Ski Magazine Last post on 11/29/12 at 7:55pm in General Skiing Discussion
- EpicSki 24 hours of Stratton Team?! Last post on 10/20/12 at 8:04pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Epic TV Last post on 12/19/13 at 7:49am in General Skiing Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
EPICSKI was here - guessing game - Page 2
In my own defense, I was kidding around, and Bob Barnes asked me to pose for this shot. My fears that it would become kind of a photo-favorite were inevitable. Damn I look fit for a casket. That was a great day of skiing and a pretty fun wedding party.
Besides finding me a great new Epicski buddy (Garryz?), you made me as tall as Abe Lincoln.
Hunter is not correct, but you weren't off by much.
I dropped in Obama but his head looked so big compared to yours I kept scaling him down. How tall are you? I just looked and Obama is 6'1" -- you must be 6'4"!
Edited by MidwestPete - 8/24/12 at 8:10pm
Speaking of out of the way places, we were driving on 294 to the Bair Museum in Martinsdale this weekend. A couple miles past the abandoned Milwaukee Road generator building we saw a gate with something Rostad in big letters beside it. Any relationship?
We come up with an excuse to do that drive every couple years......is stunning, empty country. We've had some great burgers in bars around the state so we gambled on the bar in Ringling....its was decent, nothing outstanding but very edible. As for pies, that's one of my specialties so we rarely eat order them when eating out especially this time of year when the Oregon blueberries and raspberries are available.
Sounds delicious, Rio. Do you ever put huckleberries in your pies? Such an indulgence, when they're so tiny it's hard to keep many more than you eat while picking. My favorite outdoor treat!
Marian, my girlfriend, loves huckleberry pie. This year we were up in the Bigfork area when huckleberries were in season and bought a gallon. I made one pie when we got home and we froze enough for another pie for her birthday. We do have some huckleberry patches around Bozeman but they don't grow very well here so its hard to pick enough for a pie especially when you're competing with bears and all the other wildlife.
The cap at the 9504' summit of our mystery peak (having enjoyed some huckleberries along the way). The haze behind is from the sizable Pine Creek fire in the Absarokees to the south.
Edited by nolo - 9/5/12 at 6:00pm
That be Bridger Bowl?
If so, I think you're off about 300 feet in elevation.
Edited by Rio - 9/5/12 at 7:52pm
From iphone on Canada Day -- guess I already gave the answer on "picture of the day"
Anyone know the band playing in Whistler on Canada Day? I didn't pay any attention until I heard them down the street and walked over. They must have been somewhat well known since people were singing along to their music.
Edited by MidwestPete - 7/7/13 at 12:55pm
- EPICSKI was here - guessing game
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 3 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 16 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 24 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 26 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 29 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 36 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 44 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer