Hey everyone. I used to ski a lot - family trips to CO and UT - back then I was very comfortable on skis and would do blue and black runs. Then I switched to snowboarding and haven't skied for 10 years. I wanted to try to get back into it but my how skis have changed! I was looking to buy some new skis that would work. I don't need the best thing out there, just something to get me down the mountain and feel sturdy on and comfortable with. And obviously
I went to Play It Again Sports (PIAS) and they had some demo skis that looked almost brand new. Problem is I have no idea what is good/bad or how things are sized now. I am a 5'2" and about 120lbs, 27year old female and I am athletic and think I will pick up where I left off. PIAS is having a sale right now with 100$ off performance skis and 50$ off some others. I found the following and was hoping for some advice.
- Rossi Bandit 72 - on sale 120$ with Rossingnol 100 bindings
- Volkl R1 Unlimited - on sale 120$ with Fastrak2 bindings
- Volkl RTM 75 - on sale 300$ with Motion Marker bindings
- K2 Lotta Luv - 389$
Honestly, I would love to pick up some older model, decent skis w/bindings for under 200$, but I also know you get what you pay for. Unfortunately, we are on a ridiculously tight budget right now.
- Are any of these worth the deals or should I wait and try to get something at a ski swap when winter gets closer?
- What are some general guidelines or ski types I should look for? I was thinking All-Mountain type, 70 waist, about 150 in length.
- I have read that it's all in the boots, should I buy these before or after my skis and bindings? What should I look for other than comfort?
Any and all help is sincerely appreciated. I would love to hear what anyone on the board has to say. Thanks a ton!