I have recently got back into skiing and need some new boots for next season. I don't want to spend a TON of money but want a good boot that fits well (obviously) and something with extra warmth. I have chronically cold feet due to poor circulation. I have tried many things: good thin socks, changing my socks at lunch, different boots (smaller or larger), and nothing seems to work. Even with those crappy toe warmer things I can't stay warm. Any recommendations on boot heaters?? Should I find a boot and buy the warmer separately or try to find a brand that has it already installed? Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Related Forum Threads
- Boot buying - do I need a custom fitting? Last post on 10/16/16 at 5:36am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Is off-piste skiing hard on knees? Last post on 10/4/16 at 8:47pm in Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Injury, and Recovery
- Flex for a 6'3" 200lbs beginner? Last post on 7/25/16 at 9:16am in Ski Gear Discussion
- boot size Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:22am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Was Fit for New Dalbellos - Question on Process Last post on 12/29/15 at 7:03am in Ask the Boot Guys
How To Get Your Boots On And Off
Last edited: 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!Last edited: 1/21/12
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- MasterfitLast edited: 4/25/11
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
chronically cold feetpost #2 of 37/9/12 at 2:06am
first thing is to get a boot which fit your feet, go see a local fitter and take their advice, be honest and tell them your budget, most will try to work within it where practically possible. now is a pretty good time for last seasons boots to be on sale, but options may be limited, again talk to the fitter, he may have something hidden in the back room
for warmth then i would probably look at an intuition type liner, they are about as warm as it gets in terms of ski boot liners, if that is still not enough then you may need to consider a footwarmer from thermic/hotronic/conformable but it is rare that you need to use the two together. you could also have the base of the boot lined with very heavy foil tape to reflect the heat in / cold out
also on the sock front, make sure you are using merino wool socks teko/smartwool or similar as these will help to take any transient moisture away from the skin and keep you a little warmerpost #3 of 37/13/12 at 7:31am
do your hands get cold too?
do you feet get cold, outside, but NOT in ski boots?
any better with the toe buckles looser?
any way to warm your toes up, other then inside, and taking the boots off?
- chronically cold feet
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 6 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 21 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 26 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 50 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 56 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer