Just for fun, let's find out where in the world your dreams are stored. Let's say a person can have gone to the place before so long as going back again is on the bucket list, because I intend to check Heliskiing British Columbia and hope to go back again at least once before I kick the bucket.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a Kiwi some fields in Japan for Winter 13/14 Last post on Today at 4:25 pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Working at a Ski Resort in New Zealand? Last post on 4/28/13 at 4:10pm in General Skiing Discussion
- RK Heli Ski has it going on! Last post on 4/26/13 at 10:22pm in Trip Reports
- TR: CMH Bugaboos Lodge, Powder 101 Intro to Heli Skiing, March 2013 Last post on 4/16/13 at 9:27am in Trip Reports
- Great Canadian Heli Skiing, 3/15-3/17 Last post on 4/7/13 at 11:34am in Trip Reports
A Guide to New Zealand's Best Ski Slopes
Edited on 12/9/12
- Summer Skiing International DestinationsEdited on 6/25/12
- Bella Coola Heli SportsEdited on 4/26/11
- Alaska Heli Skiing Trip ReportEdited on 4/26/11
- Heliskiing Adventure At Alaska Rendezvous LodgeEdited on 4/26/11
Related Blog Posts
WIN 3-Months, 15 Days Heli/Cat Skiing on BC's Powder Highway
Published on 10/4/09 by TetonAT.com
2002 Olympic Alternative: Heli-skiing in Whistler
Published on 2/7/02 by Feed The Habit
Overall, very impressive and helpful. So long as there is line-of-sight positioning, they worked great. Even in the trees or with slight line-of-sight obstruction, there was good communication...
In March of ‘12, DSJ got a call from Tom Tanner, manager at Ski Pro Mesa/Tempe, AZ asking whether myself and my wife Karen would like to be part of a promo trip to Red Mountain Resort, BC. After...
My biggest caution: I don't know how on earth they are measuring these things. A 183 barely measures 180. I would have purchased a longer pair online had I known this. But this is the only...
I got these (184's) on the cheap from an experienced 6ft plus 190 lb. plus powderhound in his late 40's who was looking for a one ski quiver and this was not his ski. I think it might have been...
For dependable snow coverage, you can't beat Snow Summit. Summit is actually half of Big Bear Mountain Resorts so the pass includes Bear Mountain which makes the resort larger than it appears at...
What ski experiences are on your bucket list?
Poll Results: Which of these ski destinations/experiences are on your bucket list?This is a multiple choice poll
273 Total Votespost #1 of 1136/18/12 at 6:36amThread Starterpost #2 of 1136/18/12 at 6:43ampost #3 of 1136/18/12 at 7:48ampost #4 of 1136/18/12 at 7:53am
16% (46)Europe -- the Alps
12% (34)South America
9% (26)New Zealand
13% (37)Heliskiing Alaska
16% (44)Heliskiing Interior British Columbia
4% (11)Haute Route Ski Tour
6% (17)Other (please explain)
That is all.. I've already been every place else that really interests me. I'm happy skiing anywhere, but those two places are the ones I most would like to experience but have evaded me to date.post #5 of 1136/18/12 at 7:59am
I voted for Japan.
I was lucky enough to have skied a number of CO resorts growing up, and I've skied several resorts in the Alps over the last 5 years (since moving to the UK). So, the Alps and Rockies aren't really list items for me.
It would be cool to heliski in Russia. I used to live in Moscow and St. Petersburg, so it would be interesting to chat with locals in other regions to see how different they are compared to the two capitals. But, I'd probably choose Japan over Russia because the conditions are more my type.post #6 of 1136/18/12 at 8:17ampost #7 of 1136/18/12 at 8:22am
I like this one! I checked SA & NZ as I have not skied either, but I would luv to repeat many of the others as well.
JFpost #8 of 1136/18/12 at 8:26am
#1 One winter with one pair of skis, one backpack, a couple of empty credit cards in Europe.
It has been a dream forever; or at least since seeing Dick Barrymore movie "Last of the Ski Bums" as a teen. It is one of those dreams that is kind of hard to get all the stars right for; currently it is family.
#2 This one might sound a bit odd. Ski the East. Have skied The Alaska Range through Taos, but never east of Michigan. This would have to be a different experience. A month or so should do here.post #9 of 1136/18/12 at 8:49ampost #10 of 1136/18/12 at 9:29ampost #11 of 1136/18/12 at 9:59ampost #12 of 1136/18/12 at 10:05ampost #13 of 1136/18/12 at 10:07amQuote:
Psh, I'd just be happy to watch it online on my recently revoked Universal Sports subscription!!post #14 of 1136/18/12 at 10:08ampost #15 of 1136/18/12 at 10:12ampost #16 of 1136/18/12 at 11:28ampost #17 of 1136/18/12 at 11:33ampost #18 of 1136/18/12 at 12:36pmpost #19 of 1136/18/12 at 12:43pmQuote:
hmm, how about heli drops in portillo with robin? a triple playpost #20 of 1136/18/12 at 12:52pmpost #21 of 1136/18/12 at 1:44pm
It would be nice to ski Jackson someday, but closer to home there are some rather significant things to ski:
Mormon Peak is considered a false summit and a ridge of Lolo Peak, but it's the one we see from Missoula, therefore I must ski it someday.
Gray Wolf Peak and it's picturesque West coulior, are within striking distance, if I get the gumption up:
There are many other places within the State of Montana that I'd like to hit, so why all the focus on other continents (even if I would like to ski them too)?
Edited by volantaddict - 6/18/12 at 2:16pmpost #22 of 1136/18/12 at 2:02pmpost #23 of 1136/18/12 at 2:55pmpost #24 of 1136/18/12 at 4:28pmpost #25 of 1136/18/12 at 5:49pmpost #26 of 1136/18/12 at 6:11pmQuote:
How did you manage not to get to Jackson? That takes planning, actually. Chamonix I can see.Quote:
These were actually mine too, + Japan. Latter mainly because I really really like Ryokan, regardless of the skiing. Which appears to be excellent.post #27 of 1136/18/12 at 7:20pmpost #28 of 1136/18/12 at 11:18pm
I'll 2nd that one , except I want do that while at the top 'o my Bucket List 'o destinations...
Cerro Catedral, outside Bariloche, Argentina!
If Jules can't make it, I'll just go without her....
Also, just for something different and off the beaten path, I'd add Andorra as my #2.post #29 of 1136/19/12 at 6:19amThread Starterpost #30 of 1136/19/12 at 6:49amQuote:
I checked the Alps. Been there a bit, would like to see a whole lot more. The scenery and cultural stuff is just so cool.
But after thinking for a minute, an "other" experience I'd put on my bucket list is the idea of living near a single good US ski area for a whole winter and logging about 100 ski days between Nov and May. Maybe become an ambassador and just hanging out on the mountain experiencing good days and not so good days, taking in the whole season-long experience. This would be the antidote to a life previously spent primarily as a weekend warrior recreational skier.
- What ski experiences are on your bucket list?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Summer Skiing International Destinations
- › Do Ski Racers Cheat? 8 minutes ago
- › 40% off tuning supplies at Artech! 22 minutes ago
- › Preview/Review: 2014 Salomon Sth2 Binding Series 54 minutes ago
- › Boot Flex Index. How does one choose? 55 minutes ago
- › Something similar to Salomon Gun? 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › FS: Skinning Set Up -- 165 Pocket Rocket / Fritschi Freeride & Skins 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Staying Forward - Racers 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › How would you define an intermediate or advanced skiier? 4 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › How do you teach femur rotation? 5 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Memorial Day Weekend -- Who's Still Skiing? 5 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › UClear HBC220 Snow Bluetooth by GoldMember
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Higgins M Jacket by Fritzski
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo