Just for fun, let's find out where in the world your dreams are stored. Let's say a person can have gone to the place before so long as going back again is on the bucket list, because I intend to check Heliskiing British Columbia and hope to go back again at least once before I kick the bucket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAustralia Ski Resortstagged by System, 6/26/12
- itemHaute Route Chamonix-Zermatt: Guide for Skiers and Mountain Walkerstagged by System, 6/26/12
- topicHeli Skiingtagged by System, 6/26/12
- categoryJapan Ski Resortstagged by System, 6/26/12
- categoryNew Zealand Ski Resortstagged by System, 6/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Australia / New Zealand 2016 Last post on Today at 5:56 pm in International Zone
- Australia / New Zealand 2015 Last post on 5/25/16 at 7:36pm in International Zone
- Australia/New Zealand 2014 Last post on 11/4/14 at 8:41pm in International Zone
- Planning a Heli-Skiing trip to BC Last post on Yesterday at 9:07 am in General Skiing Discussion
- Wanaka, New Zealand, late July 2016 Last post on 8/15/16 at 10:00pm in Trip Reports
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Stellar Heli SkiingLast edited: 12/1/15
- A Guide to New Zealand's Best Ski SlopesLast edited: 12/9/12
- Summer Skiing International DestinationsLast edited: 6/25/12
- Alaska Heli Skiing Trip ReportLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
What ski experiences are on your bucket list?
Poll Results: Which of these ski destinations/experiences are on your bucket list?This is a multiple choice poll
274 Total Votespost #1 of 1136/18/12 at 6:36amThread Starterpost #2 of 1136/18/12 at 6:43ampost #3 of 1136/18/12 at 7:48ampost #4 of 1136/18/12 at 7:53am
17% of voters (47)Europe -- the Alps
2% of voters (8)Scandinavia
12% of voters (34)South America
9% of voters (26)New Zealand
0% of voters (2)Australia
3% of voters (9)Russia
0% of voters (0)China
13% of voters (36)Japan
0% of voters (1)Korea
1% of voters (3)Africa
13% of voters (37)Heliskiing Alaska
16% of voters (45)Heliskiing Interior British Columbia
4% of voters (11)Haute Route Ski Tour
6% of voters (17)Other (please explain)
That is all.. I've already been every place else that really interests me. I'm happy skiing anywhere, but those two places are the ones I most would like to experience but have evaded me to date.post #5 of 1136/18/12 at 7:59am
I voted for Japan.
I was lucky enough to have skied a number of CO resorts growing up, and I've skied several resorts in the Alps over the last 5 years (since moving to the UK). So, the Alps and Rockies aren't really list items for me.
It would be cool to heliski in Russia. I used to live in Moscow and St. Petersburg, so it would be interesting to chat with locals in other regions to see how different they are compared to the two capitals. But, I'd probably choose Japan over Russia because the conditions are more my type.post #6 of 1136/18/12 at 8:17ampost #7 of 1136/18/12 at 8:22am
I like this one! I checked SA & NZ as I have not skied either, but I would luv to repeat many of the others as well.
JFpost #8 of 1136/18/12 at 8:26am
#1 One winter with one pair of skis, one backpack, a couple of empty credit cards in Europe.
It has been a dream forever; or at least since seeing Dick Barrymore movie "Last of the Ski Bums" as a teen. It is one of those dreams that is kind of hard to get all the stars right for; currently it is family.
#2 This one might sound a bit odd. Ski the East. Have skied The Alaska Range through Taos, but never east of Michigan. This would have to be a different experience. A month or so should do here.post #9 of 1136/18/12 at 8:49ampost #10 of 1136/18/12 at 9:29ampost #11 of 1136/18/12 at 9:59ampost #12 of 1136/18/12 at 10:05ampost #13 of 1136/18/12 at 10:07amQuote:
Psh, I'd just be happy to watch it online on my recently revoked Universal Sports subscription!!post #14 of 1136/18/12 at 10:08ampost #15 of 1136/18/12 at 10:12ampost #16 of 1136/18/12 at 11:28am1. Skiing Antarctica. 2. Heli-skiing steep lines in Alaska 3. Niseko 4. Chamonix And while we are in the realm of things that will never happen: 5. Half day of skiing untracked powder off KT22 at Squaw... ;-)post #17 of 1136/18/12 at 11:33am
I've spent most of my ski bum career at one resort so now that I am retired: "Have winterized truck camper; will wander the West."post #18 of 1136/18/12 at 12:36pmpost #19 of 1136/18/12 at 12:43pmQuote:
hmm, how about heli drops in portillo with robin? a triple playpost #20 of 1136/18/12 at 12:52pmpost #21 of 1136/18/12 at 1:44pm
It would be nice to ski Jackson someday, but closer to home there are some rather significant things to ski:
Mormon Peak is considered a false summit and a ridge of Lolo Peak, but it's the one we see from Missoula, therefore I must ski it someday.
Gray Wolf Peak and it's picturesque West coulior, are within striking distance, if I get the gumption up:
There are many other places within the State of Montana that I'd like to hit, so why all the focus on other continents (even if I would like to ski them too)?
Edited by volantaddict - 6/18/12 at 2:16pmpost #22 of 1136/18/12 at 2:02pmpost #23 of 1136/18/12 at 2:55pmpost #24 of 1136/18/12 at 4:28pmpost #25 of 1136/18/12 at 5:49pmpost #26 of 1136/18/12 at 6:11pmQuote:
How did you manage not to get to Jackson? That takes planning, actually. Chamonix I can see.Quote:
These were actually mine too, + Japan. Latter mainly because I really really like Ryokan, regardless of the skiing. Which appears to be excellent.post #27 of 1136/18/12 at 7:20pmpost #28 of 1136/18/12 at 11:18pm
I'll 2nd that one , except I want do that while at the top 'o my Bucket List 'o destinations...
Cerro Catedral, outside Bariloche, Argentina!
If Jules can't make it, I'll just go without her....
Also, just for something different and off the beaten path, I'd add Andorra as my #2.post #29 of 1136/19/12 at 6:19amThread Starterpost #30 of 1136/19/12 at 6:49amQuote:
I checked the Alps. Been there a bit, would like to see a whole lot more. The scenery and cultural stuff is just so cool.
But after thinking for a minute, an "other" experience I'd put on my bucket list is the idea of living near a single good US ski area for a whole winter and logging about 100 ski days between Nov and May. Maybe become an ambassador and just hanging out on the mountain experiencing good days and not so good days, taking in the whole season-long experience. This would be the antidote to a life previously spent primarily as a weekend warrior recreational skier.
- What ski experiences are on your bucket list?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Stellar Heli Skiing
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 11 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 17 minutes ago
- › Saving boots for another kid 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 43 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 2 hours ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Soul 7 length? 6', 155 lbs. Trees. 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer