Has anyone heard of or been on a trip to Chile with Casa tours? casatours.com
Related Forum Threads
- Argentina Last post on 7/8/11 at 12:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016 Nevados de Chillan Trip Report Last post on 9/17/16 at 1:47pm in Trip Reports
- Ski Chile 2016 Last post on 10/7/16 at 9:21am in International Zone
- Chile forecast 2015 Last post on 5/18/16 at 5:56am in International Zone
- New to Forum [advice for Chile in June, intermediate at Hunter] Last post on 3/25/15 at 12:43pm in International Zone
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Chile in August
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think they're OK, but there was one tour op in Bariloche that got a lot of bad press a couple of years ago. You might search TGR?
I wouldn't book anywhere in SA until they had a decent base and right now Portillo only has 7"?
I don't recall the specifics and would rather not get into conjecture. If you look, you'll find it.
That's a nice trip! But I would still wait to book, until they had snow on the ground. If it fills up, I think you could replicate it fairly easily on your own?
no, that's a good time really. its the equivelent to our late February. The last 2 seasons were rough, last season, baraloche area and south (IIRC) ended up getting the goods after a dismal start (including volcano eruptions) but Portillo and Nalle Nevado got shut out for the most part. The new sidecountry terrain in LaParva didn't even open I think. If I were you, I would hold off on the booking.
I'm with Shredhead on this plus I'm 95% sure of the name of the operator that had issues. I also don't recall enough of the specifics to get into it. It wasn't CASA and I don't want to name drop on something that I'm not 100% sure of the details.
I bumped into guides from CASA at Termas on a few occasion back in 2007.
The High Andes tours ski areas are all fairly close to Santiago. Valle Nevado/La Parva/El Colorado are only a crazy road away from the city. Portillo are maybe within 2 hours away and El Arpa isn't to far either. I've skied these ski areas + Termas de Chillan (further south) back on a two week trip in 2007.
always make sure you have all of your vouchers; hotels, transportation and such. You can always call/email and verify that you have your reservations and that all is paid as required. The prices can widely vary so shop around. That trip looks very cool. I have not skied Arpa but my friend has and loved it. The road leading in has been greatly improved so getting in and out is no longer an issue.
This one looks pretty damn cool as well! Not this year for me, but maybe someday! ;-)
A quick look at the 8th Annual Ski With the Superstars Camp in Portillo, Chile. Campers spend a week in the Chilean Andes skiing with professional skiers Chris Davenport, Mike Douglas, Ingrid Backstrom, Wendy Fisher and Chris Anthony. Filmed and edited by Jesse Hoffman.
- Chile in August
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 1 minute ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 2 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 3 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 17 minutes ago
- › Bode News 28 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 39 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 52 minutes ago
- › Need help with ski/setup 54 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 57 minutes ago
- › Where HAVE you skied? 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer