Has anyone heard of or been on a trip to Chile with Casa tours? casatours.com
Related Forum Threads
- Argentina Last post on 7/8/11 at 12:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016 Nevados de Chillan Trip Report Last post on 12/21/16 at 8:00pm in Trip Reports
- Ski Chile 2016 Last post on 10/7/16 at 9:21am in International Zone
- Chile forecast 2015 Last post on 5/18/16 at 5:56am in International Zone
- New to Forum [advice for Chile in June, intermediate at Hunter] Last post on 3/25/15 at 12:43pm in International Zone
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Chile in August
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think they're OK, but there was one tour op in Bariloche that got a lot of bad press a couple of years ago. You might search TGR?
I wouldn't book anywhere in SA until they had a decent base and right now Portillo only has 7"?
I don't recall the specifics and would rather not get into conjecture. If you look, you'll find it.
That's a nice trip! But I would still wait to book, until they had snow on the ground. If it fills up, I think you could replicate it fairly easily on your own?
no, that's a good time really. its the equivelent to our late February. The last 2 seasons were rough, last season, baraloche area and south (IIRC) ended up getting the goods after a dismal start (including volcano eruptions) but Portillo and Nalle Nevado got shut out for the most part. The new sidecountry terrain in LaParva didn't even open I think. If I were you, I would hold off on the booking.
I'm with Shredhead on this plus I'm 95% sure of the name of the operator that had issues. I also don't recall enough of the specifics to get into it. It wasn't CASA and I don't want to name drop on something that I'm not 100% sure of the details.
I bumped into guides from CASA at Termas on a few occasion back in 2007.
The High Andes tours ski areas are all fairly close to Santiago. Valle Nevado/La Parva/El Colorado are only a crazy road away from the city. Portillo are maybe within 2 hours away and El Arpa isn't to far either. I've skied these ski areas + Termas de Chillan (further south) back on a two week trip in 2007.
always make sure you have all of your vouchers; hotels, transportation and such. You can always call/email and verify that you have your reservations and that all is paid as required. The prices can widely vary so shop around. That trip looks very cool. I have not skied Arpa but my friend has and loved it. The road leading in has been greatly improved so getting in and out is no longer an issue.
This one looks pretty damn cool as well! Not this year for me, but maybe someday! ;-)
A quick look at the 8th Annual Ski With the Superstars Camp in Portillo, Chile. Campers spend a week in the Chilean Andes skiing with professional skiers Chris Davenport, Mike Douglas, Ingrid Backstrom, Wendy Fisher and Chris Anthony. Filmed and edited by Jesse Hoffman.
- Chile in August
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Tibia/Fibula Fracture 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 3 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Looking to get into Park Skiing 3 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 4 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 4 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › L3 finally in the books 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview