Has anyone heard of or been on a trip to Chile with Casa tours? casatours.com
Related Forum Threads
- Argentina Last post on 7/8/11 at 12:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Skiing in South America Last post on 3/8/13 at 10:07am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Helli-skiing in The Andes Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:37am in Trip Reports
- What we did (or are doing) on our summer vacation Last post on 10/26/12 at 3:51pm in Trip Reports
- Ski Chile, with Irony Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:57pm in General Skiing Discussion
I own the helldorado's and have put about 25 days on them here in the PNW through every kind of snow imaginable, from knee deep pow to wind blown to cement to small bumps to icy hardpack to...
I haven't had a chance to do more than a dry run with the intercom system. My intention was to use it with one of our blind students in our adaptive program, but that never came to fruition. I...
This is a summertime purchase. I'll provide an on-snow review when I can. I picked up this boot at an off-season sale at the Boot Doctors in Telluride, together with a custom footbed....
Sun Valley owner Earl Holding recently passed away (2013) but he wanted to leave a legacy in the Sun Valley resort. The millions he invested into the on mountain lodges, manmade snow making...
A picture paints a thousand words so here's a promo video for the resorts in New South Wales http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ESezPu_7I1A
Chile in August
I think they're OK, but there was one tour op in Bariloche that got a lot of bad press a couple of years ago. You might search TGR?
I wouldn't book anywhere in SA until they had a decent base and right now Portillo only has 7"?
I don't recall the specifics and would rather not get into conjecture. If you look, you'll find it.
That's a nice trip! But I would still wait to book, until they had snow on the ground. If it fills up, I think you could replicate it fairly easily on your own?
no, that's a good time really. its the equivelent to our late February. The last 2 seasons were rough, last season, baraloche area and south (IIRC) ended up getting the goods after a dismal start (including volcano eruptions) but Portillo and Nalle Nevado got shut out for the most part. The new sidecountry terrain in LaParva didn't even open I think. If I were you, I would hold off on the booking.
I'm with Shredhead on this plus I'm 95% sure of the name of the operator that had issues. I also don't recall enough of the specifics to get into it. It wasn't CASA and I don't want to name drop on something that I'm not 100% sure of the details.
I bumped into guides from CASA at Termas on a few occasion back in 2007.
The High Andes tours ski areas are all fairly close to Santiago. Valle Nevado/La Parva/El Colorado are only a crazy road away from the city. Portillo are maybe within 2 hours away and El Arpa isn't to far either. I've skied these ski areas + Termas de Chillan (further south) back on a two week trip in 2007.
always make sure you have all of your vouchers; hotels, transportation and such. You can always call/email and verify that you have your reservations and that all is paid as required. The prices can widely vary so shop around. That trip looks very cool. I have not skied Arpa but my friend has and loved it. The road leading in has been greatly improved so getting in and out is no longer an issue.
This one looks pretty damn cool as well! Not this year for me, but maybe someday! ;-)
A quick look at the 8th Annual Ski With the Superstars Camp in Portillo, Chile. Campers spend a week in the Chilean Andes skiing with professional skiers Chris Davenport, Mike Douglas, Ingrid Backstrom, Wendy Fisher and Chris Anthony. Filmed and edited by Jesse Hoffman.
- Chile in August
- › Powder Ski help 19 minutes ago
- › Boot fitters going the way of the dinosaurs? 27 minutes ago
- › Thought on Dynastar Speed Course Ti? 28 minutes ago
- › Ski resorts in Australia / New Zealand? 32 minutes ago
- › Switching to skiing, what should my first pair be? 36 minutes ago
- › "Hot Dog" "Freestyle" The old school... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › nicknames/handles..what they mean 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › SugarBowl expansion 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Aspen Skiing Co. Cleared in Patroller's Death 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › 2013 Nordica Helldorado by lrn2swim
- › UClear HBC220 Snow Bluetooth by 4ster
- › 2013 Dalbello Scorpion SR130 by AlbuquerqueDan
- › Sun Valley Resort by ketchumid
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by veteran
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the... by nolo
- › GORE-TEX 101 by Fritzski
- › Mad River Glen: True Believers by nolo
- › In Praise of the Anti-Resorts by nolo
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo