The suitor is said to be the Talisker Corp., owner of The Canyons in Utah. An official announcement is said to be forthcoming, this from DCSkier snowsmith in this post: Breaking News! Seven Springs Sold. I heard the rumors but this is the first time the suitor has been named.
- itemSeven Springs Mountain Resorttagged by System, 5/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mid-Atlantic Gathering 2016-17 Discussion Last post on 9/28/16 at 5:45pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on 3/23/17 at 3:59pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Seven Springs skiing Icon Mogul Matt Gregory passed away Last post on 1/20/16 at 5:13am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Seven Springs faces possible closure of over 70% of skiable terrain. Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:12am in Skiing News
- Seven Springs Sat Morning Last post on 2/15/15 at 1:24pm in Trip Reports
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Seven Springs Mountain Rumored To Be Sold
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This could be good news if the new owner looks to update some lifts, expand terrain, and - gasp - do something with Laurel Mountain (all stuff mentioned in the thread linked above). Someone mentioned that when Talisker Corp. bought the Canyons the ticket prices went up. I wonder if this would be an issue at the Springs. For a Midwest/Mid-Atlantic resort, I have trouble seeing how the ticket prices could go up any more - they're already on par with some of the Utah resorts (more in some cases) . . . and we're talking Pennsylvania here. We have 750 feet of "vertical" . . .
Talisker Corp. is based in Toronto. We have laid down some serious cash at the Canyons and are the backers of the proposed "SkiLink" to connect Canyons with Solitude. Maybe they will build a SkiLink between the Springs and Laurel!
Thank you nolo for the follow up. As I said, there have been rumors about a pending sale. It takes inquiries from legitimate media to get official statements. Again, thanks nolo for your inquiry. Scott Smith, owner of DCSki.com has contacted Seven Springs and he has pulled the post I linked here.Sorry for my zeal in posting this rumor. If it were true it would have been a game changer for the PA ski industry.
- Seven Springs Mountain Rumored To Be Sold
- › Bike Stoke Picture Thread 1 minute ago
- › Spring Trip to Vermont [driving from DC, looking for greens and... 17 minutes ago
- › Skier's Edge. When do they go on sale? 23 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 28 minutes ago
- › FS: Brand New Sweet Protection Trooper MIPS Helmet. Size L/XL 34 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 40 minutes ago
- › High Volume Boots for Extremely High Arch/Roof 42 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview