I got a heck of a deal on some Atomic smoke skis this past week. Skis that I don't really need, but they are rockerd with a 77 waist enough of a difference from my Fisher Watea's 84's for me to buy them as a set of rock skis, plus we've been having some pretty icy winters in Maine and I figured a thinner waist wouldn't hurt. I took them out of the box and assembled them. The first thing I noticed was that with the integrated binding system is very heavy and sloppy. I've gotten use to the uber light characteristics of the Fishers and I love how lively and light they feel in all conditions. I was wondering, is it possible to scrap the protrac integrated binding system ,and mount a different set of bindings, so that the Atomics would have that light, lively feel of the Fisher Wateas? . I realize this basically would change the characteristics and design of the ski, but if I could get rid of some of that weight, I think I would enjoy this Intermediate ski much more. We usually ski in glades and bumps, by the end of the day were bombing around the blues. If this could be done any binding preference? Thanks. Kevin G.
Related Forum Threads
- Need some advice on Marker comp 16 binding for my race skis. Last post on 10/5/12 at 9:32pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- ski binding not centered in waist Last post on 11/29/12 at 7:07pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- WTB Marker Comp 20 Last post on 2/6/12 at 10:28am in WTB and PSA for Gear
- Dynastar Speed SX 178CM Skis with Salomon 900S Carbon Bindings Last post on 1/5/12 at 11:21am in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Quiver ski for bumps and iced hardpack? Last post on 1/11/12 at 10:08am in Ski Gear Discussion
2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
Last edited: 12/7/12
- Mounting Point Adjustment Blizzard Iq SystemLast edited: 4/25/11
- Positioning Ski Bindings Using The Campbell BalancerLast edited: 4/23/11
- Ski Binding Placement Fore AftLast edited: 4/25/11
- Nordica Binding RecallLast edited: 4/23/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Atomic smoke Interated bindings.post #1 of 35/19/12 at 10:12amThread Starterpost #2 of 35/19/12 at 10:50ampost #3 of 35/20/12 at 5:05pm
maybe ski on them a few times before you feel the need to change them out...I think since they're made without wood,they may be light enough already.
Given the price of bindings vs. this particular skis, i suppose any bindings you chose cost more than the ski. If you're keeping this cheap, just get the best value bindings you can find...
- Atomic smoke Interated bindings.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Mounting Point Adjustment Blizzard Iq System
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 5 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 10 minutes ago
- › fischer skis the new curve or progressors 14 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 15 minutes ago
- › Holiday Valley, Seven Springs, Snowshoe, Bristol Lets Meetup! 27 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 29 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 29 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 38 minutes ago
- › Accessing the Powder Highway from Calgary 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer