I got a heck of a deal on some Atomic smoke skis this past week. Skis that I don't really need, but they are rockerd with a 77 waist enough of a difference from my Fisher Watea's 84's for me to buy them as a set of rock skis, plus we've been having some pretty icy winters in Maine and I figured a thinner waist wouldn't hurt. I took them out of the box and assembled them. The first thing I noticed was that with the integrated binding system is very heavy and sloppy. I've gotten use to the uber light characteristics of the Fishers and I love how lively and light they feel in all conditions. I was wondering, is it possible to scrap the protrac integrated binding system ,and mount a different set of bindings, so that the Atomics would have that light, lively feel of the Fisher Wateas? . I realize this basically would change the characteristics and design of the ski, but if I could get rid of some of that weight, I think I would enjoy this Intermediate ski much more. We usually ski in glades and bumps, by the end of the day were bombing around the blues. If this could be done any binding preference? Thanks. Kevin G.
Related Forum Threads
- Need some advice on Marker comp 16 binding for my race skis. Last post on 10/5/12 at 9:32pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- ski binding not centered in waist Last post on 11/29/12 at 7:07pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- WTB Marker Comp 20 Last post on 2/6/12 at 10:28am in WTB and PSA for Gear
- Dynastar Speed SX 178CM Skis with Salomon 900S Carbon Bindings Last post on 1/5/12 at 11:21am in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Quiver ski for bumps and iced hardpack? Last post on 1/11/12 at 10:08am in Ski Gear Discussion
2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
Last edited: 12/7/12
- Mounting Point Adjustment Blizzard Iq SystemLast edited: 4/25/11
- Positioning Ski Bindings Using The Campbell BalancerLast edited: 4/23/11
- Ski Binding Placement Fore AftLast edited: 4/25/11
- Nordica Binding RecallLast edited: 4/23/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Atomic smoke Interated bindings.post #1 of 35/19/12 at 10:12amThread Starterpost #2 of 35/19/12 at 10:50ampost #3 of 35/20/12 at 5:05pm
maybe ski on them a few times before you feel the need to change them out...I think since they're made without wood,they may be light enough already.
Given the price of bindings vs. this particular skis, i suppose any bindings you chose cost more than the ski. If you're keeping this cheap, just get the best value bindings you can find...
- Atomic smoke Interated bindings.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Mounting Point Adjustment Blizzard Iq System
- › Spring Trip to Vermont [driving from DC, looking for greens and... 8 minutes ago
- › Skier's Edge. When do they go on sale? 14 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 19 minutes ago
- › FS: Brand New Sweet Protection Trooper MIPS Helmet. Size L/XL 25 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 31 minutes ago
- › High Volume Boots for Extremely High Arch/Roof 33 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview