I got a heck of a deal on some Atomic smoke skis this past week. Skis that I don't really need, but they are rockerd with a 77 waist enough of a difference from my Fisher Watea's 84's for me to buy them as a set of rock skis, plus we've been having some pretty icy winters in Maine and I figured a thinner waist wouldn't hurt. I took them out of the box and assembled them. The first thing I noticed was that with the integrated binding system is very heavy and sloppy. I've gotten use to the uber light characteristics of the Fishers and I love how lively and light they feel in all conditions. I was wondering, is it possible to scrap the protrac integrated binding system ,and mount a different set of bindings, so that the Atomics would have that light, lively feel of the Fisher Wateas? . I realize this basically would change the characteristics and design of the ski, but if I could get rid of some of that weight, I think I would enjoy this Intermediate ski much more. We usually ski in glades and bumps, by the end of the day were bombing around the blues. If this could be done any binding preference? Thanks. Kevin G.
Related Forum Threads
- Need some advice on Marker comp 16 binding for my race skis. Last post on 10/5/12 at 9:32pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- ski binding not centered in waist Last post on 11/29/12 at 7:07pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- WTB Marker Comp 20 Last post on 2/6/12 at 10:28am in WTB and PSA for Gear
- Dynastar Speed SX 178CM Skis with Salomon 900S Carbon Bindings Last post on 1/5/12 at 11:21am in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Quiver ski for bumps and iced hardpack? Last post on 1/11/12 at 10:08am in Ski Gear Discussion
2013 EpicSki Gear Guide
Edited on 12/7/12
- Mounting Point Adjustment Blizzard Iq SystemEdited on 4/25/11
- Positioning Ski Bindings Using The Campbell BalancerEdited on 4/23/11
- Ski Binding Placement Fore AftEdited on 4/25/11
- Nordica Binding RecallEdited on 4/23/11
Related Blog Posts
Quick Review: Salomon Guardian 16 Bindings
Published on 1/18/12 by Feed The Habit
New Backcountry Skis and Bindings from Black Diamond, Dynafit
Published on 2/23/10 by Feed The Habit
Marker Tour F10/F12: Lightweight AT Bindings
Published on 2/19/10 by Feed The Habit
Look Pivot Bindings are Back
Published on 12/4/09 by Feed The Habit
Look Pivot Bindings Re-introduced
Published on 12/4/09 by Feed The Habit
Overall, very impressive and helpful. So long as there is line-of-sight positioning, they worked great. Even in the trees or with slight line-of-sight obstruction, there was good communication...
In March of ‘12, DSJ got a call from Tom Tanner, manager at Ski Pro Mesa/Tempe, AZ asking whether myself and my wife Karen would like to be part of a promo trip to Red Mountain Resort, BC. After...
My biggest caution: I don't know how on earth they are measuring these things. A 183 barely measures 180. I would have purchased a longer pair online had I known this. But this is the only...
I got these (184's) on the cheap from an experienced 6ft plus 190 lb. plus powderhound in his late 40's who was looking for a one ski quiver and this was not his ski. I think it might have been...
For dependable snow coverage, you can't beat Snow Summit. Summit is actually half of Big Bear Mountain Resorts so the pass includes Bear Mountain which makes the resort larger than it appears at...
Atomic smoke Interated bindings.post #2 of 35/19/12 at 10:50ampost #3 of 35/20/12 at 5:05pm
maybe ski on them a few times before you feel the need to change them out...I think since they're made without wood,they may be light enough already.
Given the price of bindings vs. this particular skis, i suppose any bindings you chose cost more than the ski. If you're keeping this cheap, just get the best value bindings you can find...
- Atomic smoke Interated bindings.
- Mounting Point Adjustment Blizzard Iq System
- › Do Ski Racers Cheat? 15 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking, right now? 20 seconds ago
- › 9'r tires; whatcha' using for dry, harder/buffed conditions? 6 minutes ago
- › Pass rates on PSIA level 3 exam? 12 minutes ago
- › Alpine Canada drops ladies speed program for 2013/14 13 minutes ago
- › Memorial Day Weekend -- Who's Still Skiing? 14 minutes ago
- › High DIN binding question 14 minutes ago
- › Vonn linked to E. German steroids doctor 16 minutes ago
- › How do you teach femur rotation? 16 minutes ago
- › How not to look like a total gaper... 18 minutes ago
- › UClear HBC220 Snow Bluetooth by GoldMember
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Higgins M Jacket by Fritzski
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo