After 15 years of not skiing I had the pleasure of finally getting on the slopes again this winter. And it was fantastic! Just like I never stopped ... but so much has changed gear-wise since: my old skis were skinny & about 5 inches taller than I am. So I'm looking for some help in finding a good ski for me.
- enjoy carving super tight turns on piste the most
- enjoy going fast
- female, 5'11", 185lbs, mid-30s (--> hard to find women-specific ski's for my height & weight; unisex & men's are fine)
- I'd say advanced, like single blacks
- Colorado Rockies skiing; originally from Switzerland
- I had rented skis that just didn't have good grip at all; I felt like I did not have control while carving, so control at high speed & tight carving is essential
- forgiveness would be nice; I'm not in super shape
- What size ski do I need?
- Since I enjoy quick, super tight carving I assume I should be looking for a ski with a small turn radius? How small?
- What skis would you recommend? I'm on a budget so I'll be looking at skis that are 1-2 seasons old.
In my research I've come to the conclusion that the following might be the best choices in my last-season price range:
#1: Rossignol Avenger 82 Ti
#2: Atomic D2 VF 75
Others that sound good are:
- Armada Triumph
- Rossignol Avenger 82 Basalt
- Line Prophet 98
- Atomic Blackeye Ti (issue w my weight?)
- K2 A.M.P. Rictor
- Salomon Enduro XT 800 (too expert?)
- Nordica conquer (pricey?)
- Elan Amphibio Waveflex 12 (pricey?)
- Nordica Fire Arrow 80 Ti (pricey?)
- Elan 777
What do you think?! Any advice (especially about ski length) will be much appreciated!
Thanks very much in advance for looking!!
Edited by PinkSky - 5/17/12 at 8:43pm