Looking for some input on skis for my husband, he is a 5'8" 200lbs aggressive skier. He skis mostly off trail and likes to hit the mogul runs. We ski in Idaho and take a ski trip to the sierras every year. He has been skiing rossignol z11s in a 170 for the last few years. I also had the z11s but I demoed and bought the rossignol s3w at the end of the season. I was not able to drag him along for the demos. Now that I've got new skis he'll be wanting some as well. I have considered the S3 for him but everything I've read has me wondering if he'll overpower them. I did demo some other skis and on the basis of that I have some other thoughts on what he might like. I think he might like the Bonafides but I know he's wanting a twin tip. They are also pretty well sold out everywhere from what I can see. So should I go with the S3? If so, what size? Is there something like the bonafide that is a twin?
Related Forum Threads
- Broke My Bonifide's - Should I get patrons ? Last post on 2/19/16 at 8:15am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Look Pivot 14 Bindings? Last post on 4/17/12 at 6:53am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Changes in the 2013 Bonafide? Last post on 3/25/12 at 8:24am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Bonafide sizing? Last post on 12/4/12 at 4:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Blizzard Bonafide vs Line Prophet 98 Last post on 4/26/12 at 4:23pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
S3 or ???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If he is powerful like you say, he can overpower the S3. Is he keeping the Z11 and getting this to complement it or wil this be a one ski quiver for him? While the Bonafide does have early rise in the tip and tail, it is by no means a twin. The Bone is an awesome choice as is the Line Prophet 98 and Nordica Hell & Back. As far as length, around a 180 should be good for his weight.
- S3 or ???
- › How do I know if my ski binding position is in the proper place for... 5 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 11 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 11 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 22 minutes ago
- › CO Man ordered to pay $260,000 in damages from skiing accident 23 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 29 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 40 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 46 minutes ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 48 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer