EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Any of you James bond wannbe's holding Olins?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any of you James bond wannbe's holding Olins?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
post #2 of 17

Not for any CHAIR project, that's for sure!96718448_Olin+Mark+Skis.jpg

post #3 of 17

Heh..I did see that. The DH models would be fun to have. 

post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

Not for any CHAIR project, that's for sure!96718448_Olin+Mark+Skis.jpg

No, there is enough for either a bench or even a bed. duck.gif

post #5 of 17

I actually have a pair that is kind of beat but what are they worth?  Wanna trade for a Lotus 138? biggrin.gif

post #6 of 17

That original post from Philpug was when he was still young and naive......

 

He's seen the error in his ways now wink.gif

post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

That original post from Philpug was when he was still young and naive......

 

He's seen the error in his ways now wink.gif

He has been enlightened by the all knowing Smash, and has found other things he prefers to tinker with instead of making furniture with vintage skis. 

 

I think the OP intended to post this thread instead of Philpug's old one. 

http://www.epicski.com/t/112232/wtb-james-bond-olin-mark-vi-dh-skis-the-same-as-from-the-movie-for-your-eyes-only#post_1460735

post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 

YES!!! Damn multitasking

I'll edit my post

 

The dude got quite a rude welcome to america over at TGR

 

The real deal is for sale here

 

http://www.bondtoys.de/index.php?action=article&articleId=1118834106&categoryId=1

 

Anyone know those bindings?

post #9 of 17

They look like Tyrolia 360R's

 

Phil, don't you have a pair from your the ski's prior to the Spademan refresh???

post #10 of 17

btw, If I remember correctly, these were under a "lesser" Bond....

 

Everyone knows that there was only ONE JB.....and it wasn't Roger Moore.....

 

James_Bond_Lotus.jpg

 

It's this guy right here....

 

james-bond-007-sean-connery-aston-martin-db5.jpg

post #11 of 17

George Lazenby and Diana Rigg filled the rolls quite well.  Some Great skiing in, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and one of my favorite Bond movies.

 

I think that George was much better than Roger Moore, and would have been received much better if he hadn't been the first to try to fill Sean Connery's shoes after his retirement. 

post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

George Lazenby and Diana Rigg filled the rolls quite well.  Some Great skiing in, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and one of my favorite Bond movies.

 

I think that George was much better than Roger Moore, and would have been received much better if he hadn't been the first to try to fill Sean Connery's shoes after his retirement. 

 

Agreed, George would be in my number two best Bond position.... 

 

actors_lazenby.jpg

post #13 of 17

I think I have the 'winning hand', here.  John Eaves, the guy who doubled James Bond and did the stunt skiing in For Your Eyes Only, including the infamous run down the bobsleigh track, is a neighbor of mine. biggrin.gif

post #14 of 17

I skied MkVs in 204 back in the day.

But I'd pay more to have the skis used by:

 

A) Rick Sylvester on his BASE jump, or

 

B) Willi Bogner when he filmed John Eaves on the track.

post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by exracer View Post

I think I have the 'winning hand', here.  John Eaves, the guy who doubled James Bond and did the stunt skiing in For Your Eyes Only, including the infamous run down the bobsleigh track, is a neighbor of mine. biggrin.gif

But, does he have the skis? 

 

popcorn.gif

post #16 of 17

I knew a dude that could shred bumps like nobody's business on Mark VIs.  He was the USSA National Freestyle under 18 Champion at least two years in a row.

post #17 of 17

Desperately searching for a pair of these skis. Comp SL.  Ideally 195cm but any length considered.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Any of you James bond wannbe's holding Olins?