Looking to see the results, I never knew more participants than this tryout.
Related Forum Threads
- Commonalities.... Last post on 5/4/13 at 2:53am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- The JamSession boys from Italy Last post on 4/13/13 at 12:58pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- PSIA Decoder Ring? Last post on Today at 4:10 pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- What's a good ski for exams? Last post on 4/8/13 at 12:44pm in General Skiing Discussion
- How to become a good Pro Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:09am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
PSIA Certification Program for Ski Schools?
Edited on 11/22/11
- Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean Mountain ExperienceEdited on 5/4/13
- Absorption in MogulsEdited on 9/20/12
- Crudology By Bob BarnesEdited on 4/25/12
- Ski Instruction And Coaching Forum Posting GuidelinesEdited on 6/3/11
Related Blog Posts
In March of ‘12, DSJ got a call from Tom Tanner, manager at Ski Pro Mesa/Tempe, AZ asking whether myself and my wife Karen would like to be part of a promo trip to Red Mountain Resort, BC. After...
My biggest caution: I don't know how on earth they are measuring these things. A 183 barely measures 180. I would have purchased a longer pair online had I known this. But this is the only...
I got these (184's) on the cheap from an experienced 6ft plus 190 lb. plus powderhound in his late 40's who was looking for a one ski quiver and this was not his ski. I think it might have been...
For dependable snow coverage, you can't beat Snow Summit. Summit is actually half of Big Bear Mountain Resorts so the pass includes Bear Mountain which makes the resort larger than it appears at...
THE SILVERTON MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE Where is this place? We must be getting close. Eyes anxiously scan the steep canyon walls for any sign of a ski lift. It’s...
2012 National Team Tryout Results will be out later todaypost #1 of 214/26/12 at 12:08pmThread Starterpost #2 of 214/26/12 at 12:21pmpost #3 of 214/26/12 at 12:26pmpost #4 of 214/26/12 at 1:03pmpost #5 of 214/26/12 at 1:14pmpost #6 of 214/26/12 at 1:18pmpost #7 of 214/26/12 at 4:28pmpost #8 of 214/26/12 at 5:10pmpost #9 of 214/26/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
I recognize 6 from the Tahoe Area, 4 of which I see on the slopes on a regular basis.
Kudos to all who made it.post #10 of 214/26/12 at 5:54pmpost #11 of 214/26/12 at 7:46pmpost #12 of 214/26/12 at 8:17pmpost #13 of 214/26/12 at 8:22pmpost #14 of 214/26/12 at 10:31pmThe alpine demo team is a group of 12. They serve 4 years on the team then will have to go through the tryouts and selection process again. Its the top few that make it.. The tryouts are not just skiing. They have to teach, present, interview, ski and do demos and tasks all under the watchful eye of the selectors.
Robin, mike Hafer and nick i believe were all trying out to serve their second term but I may have that wrong.
Its a great accomplishment just to get to the final tryouts let alone be selected.
DCpost #15 of 214/26/12 at 10:53pmCorrection. Looks like this year there are 14 on the team. Wonder if that is partly due to the fact we now have alpine freestyle specialists. I believe the freestyle members of the team may have been selected with different selectors.
DCpost #16 of 214/27/12 at 8:17amDavid Oliver was the team's only freestyle specialist last term. They expanded that specialty group to three for the next term. The freestyle selections were done a week earlier at Copper Mountain for both alpine and snowboard. I think some of the selectors were at both events.post #17 of 214/27/12 at 1:45pmpost #18 of 214/27/12 at 2:17pmpost #19 of 215/17/12 at 7:13pmpost #20 of 215/17/12 at 7:56pmMost likely they can afford to hire some of the best or they can intice that caliber of instructor. I believe Barnes and Rogan both make the team before heavenly became a vail resort.post #21 of 215/18/12 at 8:21am
Same thing with Mike Hafer - he made the team 4 years ago before Vail acquired Northstar. Vail may also be better able to retain the best of the best by having more upward mobility.
- 2012 National Team Tryout Results will be out later today
- Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean Mountain Experience
- › Easter skiing 2014 from April5th..Recommendations? 40 seconds ago
- › Vonn linked to E. German steroids doctor 9 minutes ago
- › Stockli Laser skis--exactly how stiff are they? 31 minutes ago
- › Women's one ski quiver, plus bindings 33 minutes ago
- › One of those days ... Candide Thovex, new video 38 minutes ago
- › which bindings for stockli laser sx? 53 minutes ago
- › Recommend a Kiwi some fields in Japan for Winter 13/14 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Sir Francis Bacon length? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Technical Free Skiing Videos 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Excessive quad burn -- form, equipment or both? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Higgins M Jacket by Fritzski
- › Durango Mountain Resort by Nick Z Taos
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo