Looking to see the results, I never knew more participants than this tryout.
Related Forum Threads
- Class of 2016 PSIA Demo team announced! Last post on 4/23/16 at 12:43pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Commonalities.... Last post on 5/4/13 at 2:53am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- The JamSession boys from Italy Last post on 4/13/13 at 12:58pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- PSIA-AASI has a new CEO Last post on 6/9/16 at 3:50pm in Skiing News
- Polite way to get another instructor? Last post on 2/7/16 at 2:50pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
PSIA Certification Program for Ski Schools?
Last edited: 11/22/11
- Learn to Ski in SummerLast edited: 7/20/16
- Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean Mountain ExperienceLast edited: 5/4/13
- Absorption in MogulsLast edited: 9/20/12
- Crudology By Bob BarnesLast edited: 4/25/12
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
2012 National Team Tryout Results will be out later todaypost #1 of 214/26/12 at 12:08pmThread Starterpost #2 of 214/26/12 at 12:21pmpost #3 of 214/26/12 at 12:26pmpost #4 of 214/26/12 at 1:03pmpost #5 of 214/26/12 at 1:14pmpost #6 of 214/26/12 at 1:18pmpost #7 of 214/26/12 at 4:28pmpost #8 of 214/26/12 at 5:10pmpost #9 of 214/26/12 at 5:50pmQuote:
I recognize 6 from the Tahoe Area, 4 of which I see on the slopes on a regular basis.
Kudos to all who made it.post #10 of 214/26/12 at 5:54pmpost #11 of 214/26/12 at 7:46pmpost #12 of 214/26/12 at 8:17pmpost #13 of 214/26/12 at 8:22pmpost #14 of 214/26/12 at 10:31pmThe alpine demo team is a group of 12. They serve 4 years on the team then will have to go through the tryouts and selection process again. Its the top few that make it.. The tryouts are not just skiing. They have to teach, present, interview, ski and do demos and tasks all under the watchful eye of the selectors.
Robin, mike Hafer and nick i believe were all trying out to serve their second term but I may have that wrong.
Its a great accomplishment just to get to the final tryouts let alone be selected.
DCpost #15 of 214/26/12 at 10:53pmCorrection. Looks like this year there are 14 on the team. Wonder if that is partly due to the fact we now have alpine freestyle specialists. I believe the freestyle members of the team may have been selected with different selectors.
DCpost #16 of 214/27/12 at 8:17amDavid Oliver was the team's only freestyle specialist last term. They expanded that specialty group to three for the next term. The freestyle selections were done a week earlier at Copper Mountain for both alpine and snowboard. I think some of the selectors were at both events.post #17 of 214/27/12 at 1:45pmpost #18 of 214/27/12 at 2:17pmpost #19 of 215/17/12 at 7:13pmpost #20 of 215/17/12 at 7:56pmMost likely they can afford to hire some of the best or they can intice that caliber of instructor. I believe Barnes and Rogan both make the team before heavenly became a vail resort.post #21 of 215/18/12 at 8:21am
Same thing with Mike Hafer - he made the team 4 years ago before Vail acquired Northstar. Vail may also be better able to retain the best of the best by having more upward mobility.
- 2012 National Team Tryout Results will be out later today
- Learn to Ski in Summer
- › How is it that every fresh snow fall is greeted as "A POWDER DAY"? 20 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 24 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 30 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Kastle skis -- vastly overrated ! What do you think ? 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Nordica NRGY vs Enforcer 100 3 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Bad idea to practice on 27m skis before a 30m race? 4 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 4 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › How Much Wax to Wax a Ski? That Was The Question. 4 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › How Long Do Skis Last? 4 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview