Alpine Meadows was excellent yesterday
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlpine Meadowstagged by System, 4/28/12
- itemAlyeskatagged by System, 4/25/12
- itemArapahoe Basintagged by System, 4/28/12
- itemCrystal Mountaintagged by System, 4/28/12
- itemHeavenlytagged by System, 4/28/12
- itemKirkwood Mountain Resorttagged by System, 4/28/12
- itemLoveland Ski Areatagged by System, 4/28/12
- itemMt. Bakertagged by System, 4/28/12
- brandMt Hoodtagged by System, 4/28/12
- brandSquaw Valleytagged by System, 4/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Resort Signature Runs Last post on 4/18/14 at 9:16am in General Skiing Discussion
- Outside Magazine’s 2012 Ski Resort Rankings Last post on 11/7/12 at 7:44am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Easter - more or less busy than a normal Sunday? Last post on 4/9/12 at 12:57pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out... Last post on 4/30/15 at 6:22am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Who Is Still Skiing and Where? - Page 2post #31 of 4364/28/12 at 7:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4364/28/12 at 8:08am
I skied Breck yesterday from 9 until noon. 3 - 4 inches of new windblown was very pleasant on the groomers (what was left of them) and T-Bar was pretty good too although Horseshoe was closed due to no exits existing any more. I unexpectedly skied through a 20 foot slush puddle and managed to stay upright. The water bars are becoming water hazards.post #33 of 4364/28/12 at 4:26pmpost #34 of 4364/29/12 at 9:17pmThread StarterQuote:
Holy Cow, does that look great ! Enjoy !
Today was the last day of everyday operation at Alyeska.
Now, it is weekends only until June 1st. But still lots of snow.
I'm pretty sure we could ski here until July if it was just a matter of snow, but we are running out of skiers.post #35 of 4364/30/12 at 8:04ampost #36 of 4364/30/12 at 8:09ampost #37 of 4364/30/12 at 8:26ampost #38 of 4364/30/12 at 9:34am
Closing weekend at Alta was surprisingly good. Without warning they decided to fire up the Wildcat Lift on Saturday. All untouched after 8" of fresh on Thursday! Hardly anybody there so fresh tracks all morning. I only have two very poor pics (cell phone) of a friend tele-skiing in a narrow chute.post #39 of 4364/30/12 at 3:31pmpost #40 of 4364/30/12 at 4:45pmQuote:
Please post pictures when you take advantage of the conditions.post #41 of 4364/30/12 at 6:23pm
I'm calling BS. That looks decidedly 1980's to me. You just bent your skis to make them look futuristic and rockered - trendsetter that you were.post #42 of 4364/30/12 at 6:51pmpost #43 of 4364/30/12 at 6:55pm
Thanks, but not as much as I would like. It has been a verrry strange year around here.
Hope you are still taking advantage of your stellar season.
JFpost #44 of 4365/1/12 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #45 of 4365/1/12 at 5:44pm
Thanks. This is below DeMoisey Peak near Snowbasin in Utah. We had to skin on ribbons of old machine made snow for quite awhile to get high enough for things to be filled in.
This afternoon I drove up to 8000' to one of my favorite spots to ski this time of year. Except for a few patches, the snow is gone :). Besides going to Snowbird & the upper Cottonwood Canyons (which is a lengthy drive for me) skiing around here is pretty much done :).
JFpost #46 of 4365/1/12 at 6:36pmpost #47 of 4365/1/12 at 9:22pmpost #48 of 4365/2/12 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Vince F
Closing weekend at Alta was surprisingly good. Without warning they decided to fire up the Wildcat Lift on Saturday. All untouched after 8" of fresh on Thursday! Hardly anybody there so fresh tracks all morning. I only have two very poor pics (cell phone) of a friend tele-skiing in a narrow chute.
Very poor pics! Get a new phone :-)post #49 of 4365/2/12 at 8:25am
We are virtually done with lift served here in CO with A-Basin set to close Sunday.
The camera work isn`t as close up as it could be, but I thought there were better wipe outs at Keystone this year
Edited by MEfree30 - 5/2/12 at 10:08ampost #50 of 4365/3/12 at 1:38pmpost #51 of 4365/3/12 at 2:42pm
Skied Mammoth yesterday and they still have good coverage. Chairs 1,2,3, 6, and 23 were running. If you like spring skiing then you'll love the conditions. When the whole mountain is soft skis that are 90 to 110 in width were really fun in the steeper runs. Only a week or two more until the coverage will get pretty thin.post #52 of 4365/3/12 at 6:32pmpost #53 of 4365/4/12 at 12:50pmpost #54 of 4365/4/12 at 2:01pmpost #55 of 4365/4/12 at 2:40pmpost #56 of 4365/4/12 at 3:22pmpost #57 of 4365/4/12 at 7:20pmpost #58 of 4365/5/12 at 2:35pmpost #59 of 4365/5/12 at 9:50pm
The first day of closing weekend at Alpental today. When I arrived early in the morning there was a thick, heavy layer of new snow on the ground, and more snow falling. The crowd was tremendous. The parking lots were full. It really felt like a mid-winter weekend. Except for the guy in a banana suit.post #60 of 4365/5/12 at 11:05pm
I climbed The Bowl again today, it had a tall four inches of the good stuff. I'm thinking about going again early tomorrow (it will be sunny and destroy the snow as the day goes on), but I suck at going to bed early.
- Who Is Still Skiing and Where?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the April
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 17 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 33 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 38 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer