New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earthquake!

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Just had a quake here in socal!  no damage but was a jerky one, felt like the house dropped a few inches a couple of times and was loud.    usually they feel like you are drunk and the house just swings back and forth, this one was a wee bit different.  

post #2 of 7

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/240_35.php

 

Looks like it was only 3.9.  Meh.  ;-)

 

(use to live in SoCal)

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/240_35.php

 

Looks like it was only 3.9.  Meh.  ;-)

 

(use to live in SoCal)

 

 it was centered 3 miles away from us, so we felt it. But I don't imagine anyone further away felt much of anything .      

post #4 of 7
I thought this was about a really thumping new ski model.
post #5 of 7

I went through several of those down there although I managed to miss the biggie (Sylmar). My worst was while I was living in Manhattan Beach and was layed up in bed with a freshly cast ankle. When the quake started, I thought everything in the house was gonna fall off the walls or out of the cabinets. I felt like I oughtta get under some cover but couldn't move. Scary for a minute there.

 

IAC we up North have that little guy beat as apparently, yesterday a planet killer meteor struck somewhere just outside (or near) South Lake Tahoe. More news later after the tsunami subsides.

 

Welllllll.................maybe not eggggzactly a plant killer sir.....but vewy vewy bad.

 

SJ

post #6 of 7

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post

 

 

 it was centered 3 miles away from us, so we felt it. But I don't imagine anyone further away felt much of anything .      

 

Ah, that'll do it.  There was a small quake in Sonoma a few years ago (that actually did more damage in Napa), but even though it was only 4-point-something, being close to the epicenter sure made it feel stronger.

 

Of course, everything feels small compared to the 1989 quake.  That was the only one that had me genuinely scared and sent me running to stand in a doorway.

post #7 of 7

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJim View Post

I went through several of those down there although I managed to miss the biggie (Sylmar). My worst was while I was living in Manhattan Beach and was layed up in bed with a freshly cast ankle. When the quake started, I thought everything in the house was gonna fall off the walls or out of the cabinets. I felt like I oughtta get under some cover but couldn't move. Scary for a minute there.

 

IAC we up North have that little guy beat as apparently, yesterday a planet killer meteor struck somewhere just outside (or near) South Lake Tahoe. More news later after the tsunami subsides.

 

Welllllll.................maybe not eggggzactly a plant killer sir.....but vewy vewy bad.

 

SJ

 

Haven't heard anything new on it today but this is the article I saw yesterday. 

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120422/NEWS/120422002

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Après-Ski