So cool to see all this old equipment. The 70's was the greatest era for our sport in terms of improvements in equipment. To test your knowledge of equipment in this era, how many of the below questions can you answer.
1) What did VCE stand for on the Olin Mark II's?
2) How many different models of Salomon 555's were there?
3) There is a picture of the K2 710's in this thread. How many different model skis did K2 make that had a "10" in the name? What color was each model?
4) Rossignol made race skis (i.e. ST650, ROC 550, ST comp, SM Comp). On the tail of the race skis it said "Equipe". They also made a softer version of these skis with the exact same graphic except on the tail it did not say "Equipe" it said something else. What did it say?
5) What color were the Olin Mark 1 skis?
6) Do you remember Olin Ski Boots? What did they have on the outside that I have never seen on any other boot ever?
7) K2 used to have different models of skis but they all had almost the exact same red, white & blue top graphic. The only difference was that they would have a number of arrows on them. One arrow was known as the K2 one. Two arrows meant the K2 two. What was the highest number of arrows?
8) What color was the original Look Nevada Grand Prix binding?
9) Can you name at least 5 ski manufacturers from the 70's that are no longer in business?
10) What kind of skis did Franz Klammer ski on when he won the Gold medal in DH at Innsbruck?