EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Peak Video Productions to film 2013 EpicSki Gathering at Big Sky!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peak Video Productions to film 2013 EpicSki Gathering at Big Sky!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

We have very exciting news to share about the 2013 Gathering at Big Sky!

600x450px-LL-588e8aec_IMG_0772.jpeg

 

Emmy Award winning Peak Video Productions, which we know from the high quality videos shared by our own GoldMember, will be there to film the festivities as a story for a 30 minute TV show for their Mountain Top Series. In fact, this was GoldMember's idea, and in his words, "The story would feature EpicSki as an online ski community that has grown over the years whose members gather each year at locations such as Big Sky. The attendees will get some airtime and have some fun with that." This would be broadcast on about 250 channels to approximately 150 million potential viewers multiple times throughout the following year. Additionally, there will be daily video edits that we all get to see while we're there.  To get a feel for this project, please have a look at these recent installments from Peak Video Productions: The Powder Posse,  Powder Triangle 2011, and http://vimeo.com/12120313

post #2 of 17

We're excited to join everyone at the Gathering next spring!  This will be a fun story and provides an interesting storyline of how the internet and an online community has impacted people's lives and recreation.  From new friendships, personal improvement in the sport of skiing via the various groups who ski together, to real-world equipment testing and testimonials, all the way to marital bliss (TrekChick - this is you!), there are many angles that make the Gathering a very cool venue and story for our show.  We're really looking forward to having a great time with everyone!

post #3 of 17

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks Goldmember!

 

So, who's getting married this year? "Here comes the bride down the zip line..."

post #4 of 17

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post

We're excited to join everyone at the Gathering next spring!  This will be a fun story and provides an interesting storyline of how the internet and an online community has impacted people's lives and recreation.  From new friendships, personal improvement in the sport of skiing via the various groups who ski together, to real-world equipment testing and testimonials, all the way to marital bliss (TrekChick - this is you!), there are many angles that make the Gathering a very cool venue and story for our show.  We're really looking forward to having a great time with everyone!

 

You sooooooo shoulda been at the wedding! biggrin.gif

Even nolo celebrated with great joy!

IMG_0570.JPG

post #5 of 17

Pretty awesome! Peak Video is top notch as well as the crew!

 

I think I've gotta attend for sure now.. biggrin.gif

post #6 of 17

Talk about an epic trip report...

 

Thanks GoldMember, this should be fun.

post #7 of 17

You're welcome, guys.  We're excited as this story is a bit different than our typical storyline and should be of interest to many viewers.  As a further demonstration of what to expect regarding the daily edits, this link shows some of the short clips that we'll have available while actually still at the Gathering.  As the time gets closer, I'll work out a schedule with Big Sky and nolo for a time and place to show the dailies.  But this will give you an idea of what to expect:

 

http://www.epicski.com/t/110159/southern-idaho-road-trip-part-two-starting-with-superbowl-sunday

 

TrekChick - Maybe we can do a re-creation of your special day?  If nothing else, we can always do separate interviews with the two of you.....kind of a Newlyweds Game format....  That might be interesting!  That picture of nolo makes it look like she has some fun, too.  Dancing in ski boots....risky business!

 

Let's have some fun, shall we!?!?

post #8 of 17

That wedding was a fun diversion from the usual itinerary.  

I'm hoping to make it to this Gathering, just have to convince Shamora.

 

 

Goldmember, I've been a big fan of NW Ski Adventures on cable, nice to see some of these clips again.

 

 

post #9 of 17

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post

Let's have some fun, shall we!?!?

 

Don't worry, we always do.

 

 

 

 

We ALMOST had a wedding at the Gathering in Summit County. We did have the rehersal dinner, or was that the bachelorette party, i can't remember gin makes me forget stuff. I do remember this weirdo staring at us for most of the evening looking like he had way too much

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

200x200px-ZC-a82d58f8_ac06df20_photo-9.jpg

 

 

 

 

post #10 of 17

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredUsername View Post

That wedding was a fun diversion from the usual itinerary.  

I'm hoping to make it to this Gathering, just have to convince Shamora.

 

 

Goldmember, I've been a big fan of NW Ski Adventures on cable, nice to see some of these clips again.

 

 

 

cool.gif  Cool..... Thanks!!

post #11 of 17

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredUsername View Post

 

Goldmember, I've been a big fan of NW Ski Adventures on cable, nice to see some of these clips again.

 

 

 

Some of those clips are on Ski Channel On-demand right now! :)

post #12 of 17

 

 

Quote:
TrekChick - Maybe we can do a re-creation of your special day?  If nothing else, we can always do separate interviews with the two of you.....kind of a Newlyweds Game format....  That might be interesting!  That picture of nolo makes it look like she has some fun, too.  Dancing in ski boots....risky business!

Maybe we can talk Uncle Louie and Sugarcube into coming and do it up right, since they got married at Lets Go Colorado 4(?) years ago.  

This could be fun!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredUsername View Post

That wedding was a fun diversion from the usual itinerary.  

I'm hoping to make it to this Gathering, just have to convince Shamora.

 

 

Goldmember, I've been a big fan of NW Ski Adventures on cable, nice to see some of these clips again.

 

 

 

Please tell Shamora that I'm counting on skiing with her again.  I really enjoyed her company.

 

post #13 of 17

Top quality videos! Love the Idaho videos... needless to say I ski in Idaho! :-)

post #14 of 17

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 

 

Maybe we can talk Uncle Louie and Sugarcube into coming and do it up right, since they got married at Lets Go Colorado 4(?) years ago.  

This could be fun!

 

 

Please tell Shamora that I'm counting on skiing with her again.  I really enjoyed her company.

 

 

X2

post #15 of 17

Goldmembers videos are lst class,  ought to be a big plus for all of us.

post #16 of 17

Great video everyone! Congratulations! Keep it up

post #17 of 17

Powder Triangle - 2011:

 

 

 

 

We're on a brief hiatus from shooting for a couple of weeks as a couple of our main participants are on the beach in Hawaii for a few days and I'm actually at work, trying to maintain some appearance of earning a paycheck. In the meantime, take a look at our show from 2011. This is a somewhat typical example of the television shows we produce that can be viewed around the country as part of the New Vision Syndication, Mountain Top Series.

 

http://www.newvisionssyndication.com/programming.html

 

This probably is still showing in several markets as they tend to be repeated numerous times. This is the kind of show that we will feature the EpicSki Gathering in, mixed in with two or three other stories. We'll have some skiing, interviews, and report whatever shenanigans we can find. I trust there are a few of you who will provide us plenty of story content (Trekchick, I'm thinking of you and Phil on this....). I hope you enjoy both watching this and being a part of the new story!

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Peak Video Productions to film 2013 EpicSki Gathering at Big Sky!