I'm shopping for these bindings online, and I'm not sure what to do regarding brake width. My skis are 98mm waist, and I can't decide between the Pivot 14 Wide or the Pivot 14 XXL. XXL says it fits 100mm to 115, and wide says it fits 80-95mm so I'm in no-man's land. I don't want to bend the brake, but sometimes there's a little extra room there without bending. I'm hoping someone else has run into this and can give me some advice. Appreciate it very much.
Related Forum Threads
- Broke My Bonifide's - Should I get patrons ? Last post on 2/19/16 at 8:15am in Ski Gear Discussion
- S3 or ??? Last post on 5/7/12 at 2:09pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Changes in the 2013 Bonafide? Last post on 3/25/12 at 8:24am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Bonafide sizing? Last post on 12/4/12 at 4:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Blizzard Bonafide or Blizzard Bushwacker??? Last post on 11/18/11 at 9:14pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Look Pivot 14 Bindings?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Get the XXLs, they'll be a little big, but fine. Any other binding, I would say get the smaller ones and bend them. For the Pivots, the brakes are extremely difficult to repair if you screw up. If you want to take the risk, the bend would be very small and you could custom fit them.
The pivot brake extension/retraction mechanism is relatively springy and seems to cope with slightly wider than specified skis surprisingly well. I have XXLs on skis as fat as 128 & they do quite well... I'd probably go with the XLs in your case as I hate "too fat" brakes - and we are talking 1.5mm a side vs the XLs spec. AKA not much.
Be aware that major bending the brakes on these is non-trival compared with say Salomons.
As usual, the advice is worth what you paid for it...
- Look Pivot 14 Bindings?
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 minute ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 11 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 12 minutes ago
- › Confirmed: VW bringing Golf Sportwagen Alltrack to the U.S. (for... 19 minutes ago
- › Dalbello/Intuition problem 21 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 23 minutes ago
- › Ski Pole length question? along with decision on what ones to buy 25 minutes ago
- › Snobahn Indoor Ski and Snowboard Training Center - 3 Instructors... 36 minutes ago
- › EpicSki is not down - Comcast major DNS outage 50 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer