I'm shopping for these bindings online, and I'm not sure what to do regarding brake width. My skis are 98mm waist, and I can't decide between the Pivot 14 Wide or the Pivot 14 XXL. XXL says it fits 100mm to 115, and wide says it fits 80-95mm so I'm in no-man's land. I don't want to bend the brake, but sometimes there's a little extra room there without bending. I'm hoping someone else has run into this and can give me some advice. Appreciate it very much.
Related Forum Threads
- Broke My Bonifide's - Should I get patrons ? Last post on 2/19/16 at 8:15am in Ski Gear Discussion
- S3 or ??? Last post on 5/7/12 at 2:09pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Changes in the 2013 Bonafide? Last post on 3/25/12 at 8:24am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Bonafide sizing? Last post on 12/4/12 at 4:10pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Blizzard Bonafide or Blizzard Bushwacker??? Last post on 11/18/11 at 9:14pm in Ski Gear Discussion
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Look Pivot 14 Bindings?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Get the XXLs, they'll be a little big, but fine. Any other binding, I would say get the smaller ones and bend them. For the Pivots, the brakes are extremely difficult to repair if you screw up. If you want to take the risk, the bend would be very small and you could custom fit them.
The pivot brake extension/retraction mechanism is relatively springy and seems to cope with slightly wider than specified skis surprisingly well. I have XXLs on skis as fat as 128 & they do quite well... I'd probably go with the XLs in your case as I hate "too fat" brakes - and we are talking 1.5mm a side vs the XLs spec. AKA not much.
Be aware that major bending the brakes on these is non-trival compared with say Salomons.
As usual, the advice is worth what you paid for it...
- Look Pivot 14 Bindings?
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 45 minutes ago
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 4 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Tibia/Fibula Fracture 5 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Looking to get into Park Skiing 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 6 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 6 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 6 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › L3 finally in the books 6 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview