I just booked a flight to Seattle from the east coast for a 3-day weekend (3/26 - 29). Does anyone have a recommendation on the best places to ski and stay? (I have skied before at Stevens and Crystal.) I will meet up to ski with a friend from Seattle Friday, but am solo over the weekend. Although I can stay in Seattle for free, I'd like to stay closer to the mountains. Thanks all.
Related Forum Threads
- new to Washington St Skiing - NEED HELP Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:29pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 14-15 PNW Gathering (WA/OR) Last post on 11/9/15 at 2:53pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Q's about Going to WA Cascades in February Last post on 2/11/14 at 3:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- PNW 2012/13 weather, conditions, stoke Last post on 5/22/13 at 10:44pm in General Skiing Discussion
- best late-season ski resorts this year? Last post on 4/10/12 at 9:53am in General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Stevens Pass Unofficial GuideLast edited: 6/23/16
- Mount Baker Unofficial GuideLast edited: 9/15/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Crystal, Stevens, Baker, etc. recs and lodging intelligencepost #1 of 64/15/12 at 10:23amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/15/12 at 10:50am
There are places to stay on mountain at Crystal but I don't know much about what they are or how to find them.
At Stevens the closest place is the Cascadia Inn in Skykomish, 16 miles from the ski area. You can book online.
There aren't any hotels/motels closer than Bellingham (55 mi.) to Baker. If you go to the Mt. Baker web site and look under "Travelers" you'll find a list of accommodations (B&Bs, condos, cabins). If you go this route make sure to identify that the place is in Glacier, about 17 miles from the ski area. Others will be quite a bit farther away and may be reluctant to let you know that.
Biggest place to ski: Crystal, impressive view too.
Next biggest - Stevens
Smallest - Baker, most impressive views of the 3 IMHO
Any would be great for a short stay. Ski Crystal or Stevens with your friend because they're closer to Seattle and take your pick for the other days.post #3 of 64/15/12 at 6:00pm
There are 3 places to stay at Crystal at the base. The Alpine Inn is VERY basic and pretty worn. The Village Inn is spartan, but they have new mattresses and flat screen tvs, so I think it's comfortable enough. I'm fairly fussy about lodging but I don't mind the Village Inn when I've gotten a good deal (less than $100). It's way overpriced during peak times. The Quicksilver Lodge is nicer than those two but I haven't stayed there. There are also condos (Crystal Mt Suites) and I think that would be the best option, since they have kitchens and then you won't have to eat restaurant food at Crystal. I haven't stayed there, either.
There's also a nice place called Alta Crystal Resort, right before the turnoff to Crystal Mt Road. So it's about 8 miles from the Crystal base (about 10-15 minutes). This is probably your nicest option, and the cabins have kitchens.
All of the info for these (or links) is on Crystal's website. They have packages too. I like Crystal best of the western WA areas. There is so much terrain and it's good for all abilities (intermediate and up).post #4 of 64/15/12 at 9:21pm
I just saw a post of yours in another thread and I see you meant 4/26-29 (above it makes it sound like you meant March of next year). You should be able to get a smokin' deal at one of the Crystal hotels or at Alta Crystal. And definitely Crystal over Stevens this late since it's higher elevation.post #5 of 64/16/12 at 4:06amThread Starterpost #6 of 64/16/12 at 5:04amQuote:
Look for the icon with a pencil (next to the red flag). Click on it to Edit a post.
- Crystal, Stevens, Baker, etc. recs and lodging intelligence
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Stevens Pass Unofficial Guide
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 9 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 22 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 44 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 46 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer